Jill Scott Hit With Lawsuit Filed by Former Record Label
R&B star Jill Scott is facing a legal battle with bosses at her former record label. Lawyers for Hidden Beach have filed a breach of contract suit against the singer/actress over claims she dismissed her ex-handlers after using them to find fame.
The legal papers suggest the record label "poured its heart and soul into making poet and soul and R&B singer and songwriter Jill Scott a superstar". And the music executives claim their hard work "resulted in Scott becoming one of the most well-known, highly respected recording artists of our time".
But Scott left the company in October 2009, allegedly breaking a contract with Hidden Beach to record another three albums. In the suit against her, the record label bosses also allege Scott convinced the company to spend $450,000 on filming one of her concerts for a DVD release - only for her to scrap the project. Hidden Beach bosses are seeking undisclosed damages, according to RadarOnline.com.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special