Jill Scott Hit With Lawsuit Filed by Former Record Label
R&B star Jill Scott is facing a legal battle with bosses at her former record label. Lawyers for Hidden Beach have filed a breach of contract suit against the singer/actress over claims she dismissed her ex-handlers after using them to find fame.
The legal papers suggest the record label "poured its heart and soul into making poet and soul and R&B singer and songwriter Jill Scott a superstar". And the music executives claim their hard work "resulted in Scott becoming one of the most well-known, highly respected recording artists of our time".
But Scott left the company in October 2009, allegedly breaking a contract with Hidden Beach to record another three albums. In the suit against her, the record label bosses also allege Scott convinced the company to spend $450,000 on filming one of her concerts for a DVD release - only for her to scrap the project. Hidden Beach bosses are seeking undisclosed damages, according to RadarOnline.com.
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap