Jill Scott Hit With Lawsuit Filed by Former Record Label
R&B star Jill Scott is facing a legal battle with bosses at her former record label. Lawyers for Hidden Beach have filed a breach of contract suit against the singer/actress over claims she dismissed her ex-handlers after using them to find fame.
The legal papers suggest the record label "poured its heart and soul into making poet and soul and R&B singer and songwriter Jill Scott a superstar". And the music executives claim their hard work "resulted in Scott becoming one of the most well-known, highly respected recording artists of our time".
But Scott left the company in October 2009, allegedly breaking a contract with Hidden Beach to record another three albums. In the suit against her, the record label bosses also allege Scott convinced the company to spend $450,000 on filming one of her concerts for a DVD release - only for her to scrap the project. Hidden Beach bosses are seeking undisclosed damages, according to RadarOnline.com.
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed