Jill Scott Hit With Lawsuit Filed by Former Record Label
R&B star Jill Scott is facing a legal battle with bosses at her former record label. Lawyers for Hidden Beach have filed a breach of contract suit against the singer/actress over claims she dismissed her ex-handlers after using them to find fame.
The legal papers suggest the record label "poured its heart and soul into making poet and soul and R&B singer and songwriter Jill Scott a superstar". And the music executives claim their hard work "resulted in Scott becoming one of the most well-known, highly respected recording artists of our time".
But Scott left the company in October 2009, allegedly breaking a contract with Hidden Beach to record another three albums. In the suit against her, the record label bosses also allege Scott convinced the company to spend $450,000 on filming one of her concerts for a DVD release - only for her to scrap the project. Hidden Beach bosses are seeking undisclosed damages, according to RadarOnline.com.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo