Jill Scott Hit With Lawsuit Filed by Former Record Label
R&B star Jill Scott is facing a legal battle with bosses at her former record label. Lawyers for Hidden Beach have filed a breach of contract suit against the singer/actress over claims she dismissed her ex-handlers after using them to find fame.
The legal papers suggest the record label "poured its heart and soul into making poet and soul and R&B singer and songwriter Jill Scott a superstar". And the music executives claim their hard work "resulted in Scott becoming one of the most well-known, highly respected recording artists of our time".
But Scott left the company in October 2009, allegedly breaking a contract with Hidden Beach to record another three albums. In the suit against her, the record label bosses also allege Scott convinced the company to spend $450,000 on filming one of her concerts for a DVD release - only for her to scrap the project. Hidden Beach bosses are seeking undisclosed damages, according to RadarOnline.com.
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris