Kim Kardashian Granted Restraining Order Against Stalker
Socialite Kim Kardashian has won a permanent restraining order against a man she's accused of stalking and harassing her for months. The reality TV star took legal action against Dennis Shaun Bowman in January amid concerns he believed he was romantically involved with the beauty.
In court documents filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, Kardashian recalled how the obsessed fan began contacting her on social networking site Twitter.com in September 2009, before moving from Georgia to be near her Calabasas, California home. Kardashian went on to claim that Bowman had begun showing up and acting bizarrely at her promotional appearances in the Los Angeles area and sending threatening messages about her boyfriend, American footballer Reggie Bush.
She was granted a temporary restraining order against Bowman last month but the case returned to court on Wednesday, February 3 when a judge placed a three-year ban on the alleged stalker. Neither Kardashian nor Bowman were present for the hearing. The protective order will remain in place until 2013, reports TMZ.com.
More Kim Kardashian News
- Will Smith Deals With Mythical Creatures in 'Bright' First Teaser
- Ryan Gosling, Felicity Jones, Emma Stone and More Read Oscars Edition of 'Mean Tweets'
- John Legend Performs 'La La Land' Soundtracks Perfectly at Oscars
- Ariana Grande Gets People Making Out in Public in 'Everyday' Music Video Ft. Future
- Warren Beatty Is the New Steve Harvey After Oscar Best Picture Flub
- Pregnant Cheryl Moves In With Beau Liam Payne as They Prepare for Baby's Arrival
- Kylie Jenner Is Rushing to Get Married to Tyga
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion