Kim Kardashian Granted Restraining Order Against Stalker
Socialite Kim Kardashian has won a permanent restraining order against a man she's accused of stalking and harassing her for months. The reality TV star took legal action against Dennis Shaun Bowman in January amid concerns he believed he was romantically involved with the beauty.
In court documents filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, Kardashian recalled how the obsessed fan began contacting her on social networking site Twitter.com in September 2009, before moving from Georgia to be near her Calabasas, California home. Kardashian went on to claim that Bowman had begun showing up and acting bizarrely at her promotional appearances in the Los Angeles area and sending threatening messages about her boyfriend, American footballer Reggie Bush.
She was granted a temporary restraining order against Bowman last month but the case returned to court on Wednesday, February 3 when a judge placed a three-year ban on the alleged stalker. Neither Kardashian nor Bowman were present for the hearing. The protective order will remain in place until 2013, reports TMZ.com.
More Kim Kardashian News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story