Fantasia Barrino Ended Romance for the Sake of Career
Fantasia Barrino ended her relationship with rapper Young Dro after realizing she'd completely neglected her career while enjoying their romance. The "American Idol" winner began dating the hip-hop star in 2007, but the couple parted ways in 2009 after Barrino decided she wanted to return to the spotlight.
She tells MTV.com, "I mainly just focus on my career right now... Everybody wants love (but) right now it's not my main focus. When I let it be my main focus, it interfered with everything else I had going on. I kinda stopped performing. I became kinda like a housewife."
"People were like, 'What are you doing? You married, you have kids?' I'm a Cancer woman - I love very hard. I feel right now I had to make (my career) my first love because I fought so hard for it - this is my boo (boyfriend) right now."
Meanwhile Young Dro, T.I.'s protege, insists there are no hard feelings with his ex, adding, "We spent a lot of time running around from state to state. The time came for us to separate. I guess she was trying to do more of her music and I was getting on with my music. She's cool. She reaches to me when she wants to talk. I reach out to her when I want to talk."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences