Fantasia Barrino Ended Romance for the Sake of Career
Fantasia Barrino ended her relationship with rapper Young Dro after realizing she'd completely neglected her career while enjoying their romance. The "American Idol" winner began dating the hip-hop star in 2007, but the couple parted ways in 2009 after Barrino decided she wanted to return to the spotlight.
She tells MTV.com, "I mainly just focus on my career right now... Everybody wants love (but) right now it's not my main focus. When I let it be my main focus, it interfered with everything else I had going on. I kinda stopped performing. I became kinda like a housewife."
"People were like, 'What are you doing? You married, you have kids?' I'm a Cancer woman - I love very hard. I feel right now I had to make (my career) my first love because I fought so hard for it - this is my boo (boyfriend) right now."
Meanwhile Young Dro, T.I.'s protege, insists there are no hard feelings with his ex, adding, "We spent a lot of time running around from state to state. The time came for us to separate. I guess she was trying to do more of her music and I was getting on with my music. She's cool. She reaches to me when she wants to talk. I reach out to her when I want to talk."
More Fantasia Barrino News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video