Fantasia Barrino Ended Romance for the Sake of Career
Fantasia Barrino ended her relationship with rapper Young Dro after realizing she'd completely neglected her career while enjoying their romance. The "American Idol" winner began dating the hip-hop star in 2007, but the couple parted ways in 2009 after Barrino decided she wanted to return to the spotlight.
She tells MTV.com, "I mainly just focus on my career right now... Everybody wants love (but) right now it's not my main focus. When I let it be my main focus, it interfered with everything else I had going on. I kinda stopped performing. I became kinda like a housewife."
"People were like, 'What are you doing? You married, you have kids?' I'm a Cancer woman - I love very hard. I feel right now I had to make (my career) my first love because I fought so hard for it - this is my boo (boyfriend) right now."
Meanwhile Young Dro, T.I.'s protege, insists there are no hard feelings with his ex, adding, "We spent a lot of time running around from state to state. The time came for us to separate. I guess she was trying to do more of her music and I was getting on with my music. She's cool. She reaches to me when she wants to talk. I reach out to her when I want to talk."
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris