Fantasia Barrino Ended Romance for the Sake of Career
Fantasia Barrino ended her relationship with rapper Young Dro after realizing she'd completely neglected her career while enjoying their romance. The "American Idol" winner began dating the hip-hop star in 2007, but the couple parted ways in 2009 after Barrino decided she wanted to return to the spotlight.
She tells MTV.com, "I mainly just focus on my career right now... Everybody wants love (but) right now it's not my main focus. When I let it be my main focus, it interfered with everything else I had going on. I kinda stopped performing. I became kinda like a housewife."
"People were like, 'What are you doing? You married, you have kids?' I'm a Cancer woman - I love very hard. I feel right now I had to make (my career) my first love because I fought so hard for it - this is my boo (boyfriend) right now."
Meanwhile Young Dro, T.I.'s protege, insists there are no hard feelings with his ex, adding, "We spent a lot of time running around from state to state. The time came for us to separate. I guess she was trying to do more of her music and I was getting on with my music. She's cool. She reaches to me when she wants to talk. I reach out to her when I want to talk."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance