Fantasia Barrino Ended Romance for the Sake of Career
Fantasia Barrino ended her relationship with rapper Young Dro after realizing she'd completely neglected her career while enjoying their romance. The "American Idol" winner began dating the hip-hop star in 2007, but the couple parted ways in 2009 after Barrino decided she wanted to return to the spotlight.
She tells MTV.com, "I mainly just focus on my career right now... Everybody wants love (but) right now it's not my main focus. When I let it be my main focus, it interfered with everything else I had going on. I kinda stopped performing. I became kinda like a housewife."
"People were like, 'What are you doing? You married, you have kids?' I'm a Cancer woman - I love very hard. I feel right now I had to make (my career) my first love because I fought so hard for it - this is my boo (boyfriend) right now."
Meanwhile Young Dro, T.I.'s protege, insists there are no hard feelings with his ex, adding, "We spent a lot of time running around from state to state. The time came for us to separate. I guess she was trying to do more of her music and I was getting on with my music. She's cool. She reaches to me when she wants to talk. I reach out to her when I want to talk."
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit