Michael Jackson's Physician Not Turning Himself to Police, Rep Insists
A spokeswoman for Michael Jackson's personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, has shot down reports the medic will turn himself into Los Angeles authorities on Wednesday, February 3 as prosecutors prepare to file manslaughter charges against him. Murray is accused of administering a lethal dose of anesthetic drug Propofol to the King of Pop prior to his death in June 2009.
The Los Angeles county coroner's office declared Jackson's death a homicide, stating the superstar died from "acute propofol intoxication" combined with sedatives. Murray has been identified in search warrants as a suspect in a manslaughter investigation but has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing.
Reports surfaced this week claiming Murray had flown into Los Angeles from Houston, Texas to surrender himself to police. The New York Post alleged prosecutors had notified Jackson's family on Tuesday, February 2 that Murray would be walking into an undisclosed police station or courthouse to turn himself in for arrest.
But Murray's representative Miranda Sevcik insists the doctor has not been asked to surrender and is doing everything required to help police with their investigation. She tells the New York Daily News, "He is in Los Angeles to meet with his legal team, take care of some family business and continue to co-operate with law enforcement."
"There has been no specific request from officials for his presence. The district attorney might have a plan, but they aren't telling us. But as we've said from the beginning, any time (prosecutors) want us at the courthouse, say the word and we'll co-operate."
Back in January, Murray hired top attorney J. Michael Flanagan to represent him amid reports prosecutors were seeking an involuntary manslaughter indictment of the medic. However, charges have yet to be officially filed and the investigation continues.
More Michael Jackson News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival