Matthew Good Delivers Citation to Geoff Llyod
Canadian rocker Matthew Good has paid tribute to his former bandmate Geoff Llyod, who died at the weekend, in late January. The bassist, who founded the Matthew Good Band with the star in the 1990s, was found dead at the end of January. The cause of death has not yet been publicly confirmed.
And Good admits he's still in a "state of shock" after learning of the tragedy. In a post on his official website, he writes, "I really don't know what to say right now. Having just found out that Geoff has passed I'm still in a state of shock. Geoff was one of the founding members of the Matthew Good Band, and, as far as I'm concerned, it was never quite the same without him."
"I remember a lot of things when I think of Geoff. Like me, he suffered from extreme mood swings and depression, something that he struggled with throughout his life. But, to be honest, most of the time I just remember how funny and utterly selfless he was."
"There are a million stories, a million memories. I wouldn't change any of it for the world, and am honored to have not only played with him, but to have had him be a part of my life. On behalf of my entire family I would like to extend my deepest sympathies to Geoff's wife and the Lloyd family."
Lloyd played bass for the Matthew Good Band from 1995 to 1999, before fronting his own group, the Slipjacks. A fundraiser concert to benefit Lloyd's wife and family is set to be held in Vancouver, Canada on February 7.
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris