Matthew Good Delivers Citation to Geoff Llyod
Canadian rocker Matthew Good has paid tribute to his former bandmate Geoff Llyod, who died at the weekend, in late January. The bassist, who founded the Matthew Good Band with the star in the 1990s, was found dead at the end of January. The cause of death has not yet been publicly confirmed.
And Good admits he's still in a "state of shock" after learning of the tragedy. In a post on his official website, he writes, "I really don't know what to say right now. Having just found out that Geoff has passed I'm still in a state of shock. Geoff was one of the founding members of the Matthew Good Band, and, as far as I'm concerned, it was never quite the same without him."
"I remember a lot of things when I think of Geoff. Like me, he suffered from extreme mood swings and depression, something that he struggled with throughout his life. But, to be honest, most of the time I just remember how funny and utterly selfless he was."
"There are a million stories, a million memories. I wouldn't change any of it for the world, and am honored to have not only played with him, but to have had him be a part of my life. On behalf of my entire family I would like to extend my deepest sympathies to Geoff's wife and the Lloyd family."
Lloyd played bass for the Matthew Good Band from 1995 to 1999, before fronting his own group, the Slipjacks. A fundraiser concert to benefit Lloyd's wife and family is set to be held in Vancouver, Canada on February 7.
- Selena Gomez Has Lunch Date With The Weeknd After Celebrating Birthday Without Him
- Newlyweds Kate Mara and Jamie Bell Flaunt Wedding Rings in Cute Pic
- 'Game of Thrones' 7.03 Preview: Jon Snow Meets Daenerys
- Jay-Z Spends Second Week Atop Billboard 200 With '4:44', French Montana Debuts at No. 3
- Box Office: 'Dunkirk' and 'Girls Trip' Exceed Expectations, 'Valerian' Bombs
- Kylie Jenner's Snapchat Is Hacked, Culprit Threatens to Expose Nude Photos of 'KUWTK' Star
- Frank Ocean Brings Out Brad Pitt During Captivating Performance at FYF Festival
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park