Matthew Good Delivers Citation to Geoff Llyod
Canadian rocker Matthew Good has paid tribute to his former bandmate Geoff Llyod, who died at the weekend, in late January. The bassist, who founded the Matthew Good Band with the star in the 1990s, was found dead at the end of January. The cause of death has not yet been publicly confirmed.
And Good admits he's still in a "state of shock" after learning of the tragedy. In a post on his official website, he writes, "I really don't know what to say right now. Having just found out that Geoff has passed I'm still in a state of shock. Geoff was one of the founding members of the Matthew Good Band, and, as far as I'm concerned, it was never quite the same without him."
"I remember a lot of things when I think of Geoff. Like me, he suffered from extreme mood swings and depression, something that he struggled with throughout his life. But, to be honest, most of the time I just remember how funny and utterly selfless he was."
"There are a million stories, a million memories. I wouldn't change any of it for the world, and am honored to have not only played with him, but to have had him be a part of my life. On behalf of my entire family I would like to extend my deepest sympathies to Geoff's wife and the Lloyd family."
Lloyd played bass for the Matthew Good Band from 1995 to 1999, before fronting his own group, the Slipjacks. A fundraiser concert to benefit Lloyd's wife and family is set to be held in Vancouver, Canada on February 7.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard