Adam Garcia Blames Lindsay Lohan's Parents for Her Troubles
Actor Adam Garcia has blamed bad parenting for his "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen" co-star Lindsay Lohan's personal troubles. The actress has been embroiled in several legal dramas since she shot to fame as a child, and her personal and family life has, at times, been a much-publicized mess in recent years.
She has battled substance abuse problems, attended rehab and waged a bitter war of words with her father over the Internet - and her former co-star has watched Lohan's life spiral down with dismay. Garcia, who starred alongside Lohan in the 2004 Disney film, is adamant the scandals have profoundly affected the actress.
He tells Britain's Gay Times magazine, "I think that she's an absolute sweetheart, and she was a good actress too. She was in a better place then (during filming) than she is now. When you've been parented poorly, and given no boundaries as a 17 year old... it just really upsets me. People have really let her drop because they thought she deserved it. They did the same thing to Drew Barrymore."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift