Adam Garcia Blames Lindsay Lohan's Parents for Her Troubles
Actor Adam Garcia has blamed bad parenting for his "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen" co-star Lindsay Lohan's personal troubles. The actress has been embroiled in several legal dramas since she shot to fame as a child, and her personal and family life has, at times, been a much-publicized mess in recent years.
She has battled substance abuse problems, attended rehab and waged a bitter war of words with her father over the Internet - and her former co-star has watched Lohan's life spiral down with dismay. Garcia, who starred alongside Lohan in the 2004 Disney film, is adamant the scandals have profoundly affected the actress.
He tells Britain's Gay Times magazine, "I think that she's an absolute sweetheart, and she was a good actress too. She was in a better place then (during filming) than she is now. When you've been parented poorly, and given no boundaries as a 17 year old... it just really upsets me. People have really let her drop because they thought she deserved it. They did the same thing to Drew Barrymore."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle