Adam Garcia Blames Lindsay Lohan's Parents for Her Troubles
Actor Adam Garcia has blamed bad parenting for his "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen" co-star Lindsay Lohan's personal troubles. The actress has been embroiled in several legal dramas since she shot to fame as a child, and her personal and family life has, at times, been a much-publicized mess in recent years.
She has battled substance abuse problems, attended rehab and waged a bitter war of words with her father over the Internet - and her former co-star has watched Lohan's life spiral down with dismay. Garcia, who starred alongside Lohan in the 2004 Disney film, is adamant the scandals have profoundly affected the actress.
He tells Britain's Gay Times magazine, "I think that she's an absolute sweetheart, and she was a good actress too. She was in a better place then (during filming) than she is now. When you've been parented poorly, and given no boundaries as a 17 year old... it just really upsets me. People have really let her drop because they thought she deserved it. They did the same thing to Drew Barrymore."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role