The Flaming Lips to Cover Pink Floyd's Album for Bonnaroo Fest
The Flaming Lips will perform Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" album in its entirety at Tennessee's Bonnaroo festival in June. The group performed its version of the classic album at a New Year's Eve show in their native Oklahoma and it has since been released as a digital download.
Frontman Wayne Coyne tells Spinner.com, "We're gonna do it at Bonnaroo at the midnight slot, the first night. We do a Flaming Lips set, then, starting about 2.30 we do this 'Dark Side of the Moon' thing."
"I don't think it'll be that much of a stretch to think Friday night at 2.30 in the morning (sic) at Bonnaroo would be that much different than being in Oklahoma City on New Year's Eve. I'm sure people will be having their own party while we play this space rock, or whatever. In that sense it's perfect for that."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics