The Flaming Lips to Cover Pink Floyd's Album for Bonnaroo Fest
The Flaming Lips will perform Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" album in its entirety at Tennessee's Bonnaroo festival in June. The group performed its version of the classic album at a New Year's Eve show in their native Oklahoma and it has since been released as a digital download.
Frontman Wayne Coyne tells Spinner.com, "We're gonna do it at Bonnaroo at the midnight slot, the first night. We do a Flaming Lips set, then, starting about 2.30 we do this 'Dark Side of the Moon' thing."
"I don't think it'll be that much of a stretch to think Friday night at 2.30 in the morning (sic) at Bonnaroo would be that much different than being in Oklahoma City on New Year's Eve. I'm sure people will be having their own party while we play this space rock, or whatever. In that sense it's perfect for that."
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers