Paul Anka Files Legal Paper Against Estranged Wife for Defamation
Veteran singer Paul Anka has stepped up his bitter divorce battle with estranged wife Anna Aberg - he's suing her for defamation in a dispute over their prenuptial agreement. Anka filed for divorce in December 2009 following a heated argument outside their California home over the dismissal of a family maid.
The star has now filed suit against Anna, claiming she implied to reporters that he had forged her signature on their prenuptial after previously proclaiming not to have signed a financial deal prior to their 2008 wedding. Anka goes on to allege she only married him to boost her own profile in a bid to "get herself a television show".
Anna later appeared on reality show "Swedish Hollywood Wives". She reportedly defamed the singer/songwriter while promoting the TV program. Anka is suing for libel and slander, alleging his estranged wife "deliberately and maliciously spread false and defamatory statements regarding Paul to the Swedish press... damaging his good reputation".
The singer also blasts Anna for her reportedly violent behavior, highlighting an incident that occurred months after they wed, when she allegedly threw a piece of ice at Anka's head after banning him from kissing their son Ethan goodnight.
In legal papers filed in California on Tuesday, February 2 and obtained by TMZ.com, Anka says he is seeking "justice for a pattern of emotional violence and abuse by Anna, including a battery she committed against Paul on November 28, 2008." Anna was arrested for felony domestic battery after the alleged assault, but the charges were subsequently dropped.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign