50 Cent Gets a Mix-Up With Chace Crawford's Crowd
Rapper-turned-actor 50 Cent was given a reality check on the set of his new movie "Twelve" after realizing the female fans gathered outside his trailer weren't screaming for him - they were cheering for his co-star Chace Crawford. The "In da Club" hitmaker, real name Curtis Jackson, appears alongside Emma Roberts, Ellen Barkin, Zoe Kravitz and the "Gossip Girl" hunk in the Joel Schumacher drama about a young drug dealer and his struggles.
The hip-hop superstar assumed the crowds of fans waiting on set were there to welcome him on his first day of shooting - but was forced to check his ego when he saw who they were really going crazy for. He tells the New York Daily News, "I made a fool of myself the first day of shooting. I got to my trailer and saw this huge crowd of girls screaming. I stopped and was kind of having a moment. Then I turned around, and Chace was behind me, and that's who they were freaking out for."
50 Cent insists he was not annoyed by the mix-up, but jokes, "I remember thinking, 'What kind of bulls**t is this?!' " But the rapper has no reason to complain - "Twelve", which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in Utah in January, has been bought for distribution by media firm Hannover House for a reported $2 million.
More 50 Cent News
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs