50 Cent Gets a Mix-Up With Chace Crawford's Crowd
Rapper-turned-actor 50 Cent was given a reality check on the set of his new movie "Twelve" after realizing the female fans gathered outside his trailer weren't screaming for him - they were cheering for his co-star Chace Crawford. The "In da Club" hitmaker, real name Curtis Jackson, appears alongside Emma Roberts, Ellen Barkin, Zoe Kravitz and the "Gossip Girl" hunk in the Joel Schumacher drama about a young drug dealer and his struggles.
The hip-hop superstar assumed the crowds of fans waiting on set were there to welcome him on his first day of shooting - but was forced to check his ego when he saw who they were really going crazy for. He tells the New York Daily News, "I made a fool of myself the first day of shooting. I got to my trailer and saw this huge crowd of girls screaming. I stopped and was kind of having a moment. Then I turned around, and Chace was behind me, and that's who they were freaking out for."
50 Cent insists he was not annoyed by the mix-up, but jokes, "I remember thinking, 'What kind of bulls**t is this?!' " But the rapper has no reason to complain - "Twelve", which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in Utah in January, has been bought for distribution by media firm Hannover House for a reported $2 million.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars