Sade Will Always Love Her 'Sour' England
British soul singer Sade will never abandon her homeland for the U.S. - despite comparing England to a "sour old auntie." The "Smooth Operator" star is back in the spotlight with the release of a new album, her first since 2000's "Lovers Rock".
And even though the reclusive singer has a loyal fanbase in America - with her new single "Soldier" hitting the Hot 100 in January - Sade insists she enjoys her love/hate relationship with her native U.K. She tells The Sunday Times magazine, "It can be very hostile, England. Not just to me, to everybody. England's like a sour old auntie."
She continues to explain, "You go and stay with her although she criticizes you all the time and doesn't treat you right, even when you're doing your best. But you keep on loving her, in a certain way. And then you die. Those b**ches always outlive you!"
More Sade News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby