Sade Will Always Love Her 'Sour' England
British soul singer Sade will never abandon her homeland for the U.S. - despite comparing England to a "sour old auntie." The "Smooth Operator" star is back in the spotlight with the release of a new album, her first since 2000's "Lovers Rock".
And even though the reclusive singer has a loyal fanbase in America - with her new single "Soldier" hitting the Hot 100 in January - Sade insists she enjoys her love/hate relationship with her native U.K. She tells The Sunday Times magazine, "It can be very hostile, England. Not just to me, to everybody. England's like a sour old auntie."
She continues to explain, "You go and stay with her although she criticizes you all the time and doesn't treat you right, even when you're doing your best. But you keep on loving her, in a certain way. And then you die. Those b**ches always outlive you!"
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce