Heather Mills Fails in Her Charity Career Due to Ugly Divorce
Paul McCartney's ex-wife Heather Mills has blamed the former couple's bitter divorce battle for destroying her role as a charity campaigner - insisting many organizations refused to associate with her because of "bad press." The former glamour model divorced The Beatles icon in 2008, with McCartney handing over $38.9 million to his former partner as part of her settlement.
The ugly split dominated headlines for months while the case dragged on in court, and Mills is convinced all the negative attention affected her ability to work with good causes. She tells Britain's OK! magazine, "It destroyed a lot of my charity work - which was hugely upsetting."
"We had the biggest (land) mine-clearing charity in the world. A certain quarter of the press destroyed that to nothing. Because I didn't get my divorce settlement for a few years I couldn't fund it because I didn't have any money. People didn't want to be associated with it because of all my bad press."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie