Brittany Murphy's Widower to Celebrate the Actress' Legacy With a Charity
Brittany Murphy's widower Simon Monjack is celebrating the late actress' legacy with a charity benefit in her honor to raise money for arts education. The tragic "Clueless" star, who married Monjack in 2007, died at their Hollywood home in December 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest.
The screen writer donated $1 million to start the Brittany Murphy Foundation with his mother-in-law, Sharon Murphy, which benefits arts education for children. And now Monjack is urging Hollywood to celebrate the late actress' legacy with a launch party at the Beverly Hills Saban Theatre on Thursday, February 4, 2010.
According to Us Magazine, Monjack is suggesting an entry fee of $1,000 per individual and $10,000 from corporations to attend the event. Murphy's cause of death has been deferred pending toxicology results.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed