Brittany Murphy's Widower to Celebrate the Actress' Legacy With a Charity
Brittany Murphy's widower Simon Monjack is celebrating the late actress' legacy with a charity benefit in her honor to raise money for arts education. The tragic "Clueless" star, who married Monjack in 2007, died at their Hollywood home in December 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest.
The screen writer donated $1 million to start the Brittany Murphy Foundation with his mother-in-law, Sharon Murphy, which benefits arts education for children. And now Monjack is urging Hollywood to celebrate the late actress' legacy with a launch party at the Beverly Hills Saban Theatre on Thursday, February 4, 2010.
According to Us Magazine, Monjack is suggesting an entry fee of $1,000 per individual and $10,000 from corporations to attend the event. Murphy's cause of death has been deferred pending toxicology results.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly