Brittany Murphy's Widower to Celebrate the Actress' Legacy With a Charity
Brittany Murphy's widower Simon Monjack is celebrating the late actress' legacy with a charity benefit in her honor to raise money for arts education. The tragic "Clueless" star, who married Monjack in 2007, died at their Hollywood home in December 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest.
The screen writer donated $1 million to start the Brittany Murphy Foundation with his mother-in-law, Sharon Murphy, which benefits arts education for children. And now Monjack is urging Hollywood to celebrate the late actress' legacy with a launch party at the Beverly Hills Saban Theatre on Thursday, February 4, 2010.
According to Us Magazine, Monjack is suggesting an entry fee of $1,000 per individual and $10,000 from corporations to attend the event. Murphy's cause of death has been deferred pending toxicology results.
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune