Brittany Murphy's Widower to Celebrate the Actress' Legacy With a Charity
Brittany Murphy's widower Simon Monjack is celebrating the late actress' legacy with a charity benefit in her honor to raise money for arts education. The tragic "Clueless" star, who married Monjack in 2007, died at their Hollywood home in December 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest.
The screen writer donated $1 million to start the Brittany Murphy Foundation with his mother-in-law, Sharon Murphy, which benefits arts education for children. And now Monjack is urging Hollywood to celebrate the late actress' legacy with a launch party at the Beverly Hills Saban Theatre on Thursday, February 4, 2010.
According to Us Magazine, Monjack is suggesting an entry fee of $1,000 per individual and $10,000 from corporations to attend the event. Murphy's cause of death has been deferred pending toxicology results.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt