Brittany Murphy's Widower to Celebrate the Actress' Legacy With a Charity
Brittany Murphy's widower Simon Monjack is celebrating the late actress' legacy with a charity benefit in her honor to raise money for arts education. The tragic "Clueless" star, who married Monjack in 2007, died at their Hollywood home in December 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest.
The screen writer donated $1 million to start the Brittany Murphy Foundation with his mother-in-law, Sharon Murphy, which benefits arts education for children. And now Monjack is urging Hollywood to celebrate the late actress' legacy with a launch party at the Beverly Hills Saban Theatre on Thursday, February 4, 2010.
According to Us Magazine, Monjack is suggesting an entry fee of $1,000 per individual and $10,000 from corporations to attend the event. Murphy's cause of death has been deferred pending toxicology results.
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video