Sarah Jessica Parker Still Wishes to Be Ballerina
Sarah Jessica Parker wishes she'd never given up on her ballet dreams - because it was the one hobby she enjoyed more than acting. The "Sex and the City" star trained in the practice as a young girl before later attending New York's School of American Ballet - but she gave up dancing in the 1980s after breaking into film.
Parker admits she still dreams about performing, telling Hello! magazine, "I still wish that I could have become a ballet dancer. I don't have any regrets, because I made the right choices for me, but I do wish I'd kept it up because it's still my favorite thing."
But the mum-of-three insists she'll never force her twin daughters, Marion and Tabitha, to chase her dream, adding, "I don't think you can force anything like that on a person. Either they have the discipline and desire, the will and the talent, or they don't."
"In fact, I learned with my son James not to force him to do things like play piano - either he wants to practice the piano or he doesn't. Before, when I tried to make him do it, he wasn't into it at all but now that he's doing it on his own he really feels good about it."
More Sarah Jessica Parker News
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Justin Bieber Previews New Song 'Close to You'
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump