Tyler Perry Is a Special Honoree at the NAACP Image Awards
Tyler Perry will be honored with the Chairman's Award at the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) Image Awards later this month.
The filmmaker will follow in the footsteps of past winners, who include Bono, U.S. President Barack Obama, Aretha Franklin and Janet Jackson. The "Madea Goes to Jail" director will receive the award in recognition of his achievements and his humanitarian efforts, according to Daily Variety.
He'll also compete for two Image Awards at the ceremony - his sitcom "Tyler Perry's House of Payne" is nominated for Outstanding Comedy Series while his 2009 comedy "I Can Do Bad All by Myself" is up for Outstanding Writing in a Motion Picture. The 41st annual NAACP Image Awards will be presented live on U.S. television on 26 February 2010.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri