Tyler Perry Is a Special Honoree at the NAACP Image Awards
Tyler Perry will be honored with the Chairman's Award at the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) Image Awards later this month.
The filmmaker will follow in the footsteps of past winners, who include Bono, U.S. President Barack Obama, Aretha Franklin and Janet Jackson. The "Madea Goes to Jail" director will receive the award in recognition of his achievements and his humanitarian efforts, according to Daily Variety.
He'll also compete for two Image Awards at the ceremony - his sitcom "Tyler Perry's House of Payne" is nominated for Outstanding Comedy Series while his 2009 comedy "I Can Do Bad All by Myself" is up for Outstanding Writing in a Motion Picture. The 41st annual NAACP Image Awards will be presented live on U.S. television on 26 February 2010.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'