Tyler Perry Is a Special Honoree at the NAACP Image Awards
Tyler Perry will be honored with the Chairman's Award at the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) Image Awards later this month.
The filmmaker will follow in the footsteps of past winners, who include Bono, U.S. President Barack Obama, Aretha Franklin and Janet Jackson. The "Madea Goes to Jail" director will receive the award in recognition of his achievements and his humanitarian efforts, according to Daily Variety.
He'll also compete for two Image Awards at the ceremony - his sitcom "Tyler Perry's House of Payne" is nominated for Outstanding Comedy Series while his 2009 comedy "I Can Do Bad All by Myself" is up for Outstanding Writing in a Motion Picture. The 41st annual NAACP Image Awards will be presented live on U.S. television on 26 February 2010.
More Tyler Perry News
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'
- Anna Kendrick: 'I'd Be Terrible at Being Like Taylor Swift'
- This Is Your First Look at Gillian Anderson on 'American Gods'
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer