Tyler Perry Is a Special Honoree at the NAACP Image Awards
Tyler Perry will be honored with the Chairman's Award at the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) Image Awards later this month.
The filmmaker will follow in the footsteps of past winners, who include Bono, U.S. President Barack Obama, Aretha Franklin and Janet Jackson. The "Madea Goes to Jail" director will receive the award in recognition of his achievements and his humanitarian efforts, according to Daily Variety.
He'll also compete for two Image Awards at the ceremony - his sitcom "Tyler Perry's House of Payne" is nominated for Outstanding Comedy Series while his 2009 comedy "I Can Do Bad All by Myself" is up for Outstanding Writing in a Motion Picture. The 41st annual NAACP Image Awards will be presented live on U.S. television on 26 February 2010.
More Tyler Perry News
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song
- Charlize Theron Hosts Baby Shower for Pal Emily Blunt
- Johnny Depp's Hollywood Vampires Concert Went Ahead Despite Boycott Threat
- Selena Gomez Calls Paul Rudd a 'Pervert' in 'Fundamentals of Caring' First Trailer
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Remake Series, Tells Fans to Boycott the Show
- Is Justin Bieber Ready to Settle Down With Nicola Peltz?
- Kylie, Kendall Jenner and Gal Pals Strip Down to Sexy Bikinis as They Kick Off Summer
- The Rock Confirms Starring Role in Shane Black's 'Doc Savage'