Tyler Perry Is a Special Honoree at the NAACP Image Awards
Tyler Perry will be honored with the Chairman's Award at the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) Image Awards later this month.
The filmmaker will follow in the footsteps of past winners, who include Bono, U.S. President Barack Obama, Aretha Franklin and Janet Jackson. The "Madea Goes to Jail" director will receive the award in recognition of his achievements and his humanitarian efforts, according to Daily Variety.
He'll also compete for two Image Awards at the ceremony - his sitcom "Tyler Perry's House of Payne" is nominated for Outstanding Comedy Series while his 2009 comedy "I Can Do Bad All by Myself" is up for Outstanding Writing in a Motion Picture. The 41st annual NAACP Image Awards will be presented live on U.S. television on 26 February 2010.
More Tyler Perry News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'