Jay-Z: Usher Is in Line to Become the Next King of Pop
Jay-Z was so impressed with Usher's tribute to Michael Jackson at Sunday night's, January 31 Grammy Awards, he's tipped the R&B star to become the new King of Pop. The "Yeah!" hitmaker joined Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson, Smokey Robinson and Carrie Underwood to perform Jackson's "Earth Song" at the annual awards ceremony.
The "99 Problems" star was watching from the audience at Los Angeles' Staples Center - and he predicts a groundbreaking future for Usher. He tells Access Hollywood, "I thought the Michael Jackson tribute was fantastic and I thought Usher was doing a magnificent job."
"I think he's; He's one of the guys that's in line to, you know, fill those huge shoes. I don't wanna put that pressure on him, but I think he's one of the guys that's in line to do that."
More Jay-Z News
- 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee' Resurrects Will Ferrel's Dubya Impersonation in 'Not WHCD'
- Liam Payne and Cheryl's Baby Name Allegedly Revealed
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld and Alessia Cara's Performances at 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet