Jay-Z: Usher Is in Line to Become the Next King of Pop
Jay-Z was so impressed with Usher's tribute to Michael Jackson at Sunday night's, January 31 Grammy Awards, he's tipped the R&B star to become the new King of Pop. The "Yeah!" hitmaker joined Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson, Smokey Robinson and Carrie Underwood to perform Jackson's "Earth Song" at the annual awards ceremony.
The "99 Problems" star was watching from the audience at Los Angeles' Staples Center - and he predicts a groundbreaking future for Usher. He tells Access Hollywood, "I thought the Michael Jackson tribute was fantastic and I thought Usher was doing a magnificent job."
"I think he's; He's one of the guys that's in line to, you know, fill those huge shoes. I don't wanna put that pressure on him, but I think he's one of the guys that's in line to do that."
More Jay-Z News
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna