Jay-Z: Usher Is in Line to Become the Next King of Pop
Jay-Z was so impressed with Usher's tribute to Michael Jackson at Sunday night's, January 31 Grammy Awards, he's tipped the R&B star to become the new King of Pop. The "Yeah!" hitmaker joined Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson, Smokey Robinson and Carrie Underwood to perform Jackson's "Earth Song" at the annual awards ceremony.
The "99 Problems" star was watching from the audience at Los Angeles' Staples Center - and he predicts a groundbreaking future for Usher. He tells Access Hollywood, "I thought the Michael Jackson tribute was fantastic and I thought Usher was doing a magnificent job."
"I think he's; He's one of the guys that's in line to, you know, fill those huge shoes. I don't wanna put that pressure on him, but I think he's one of the guys that's in line to do that."
More Jay-Z News
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'