Jay-Z: Usher Is in Line to Become the Next King of Pop
Jay-Z was so impressed with Usher's tribute to Michael Jackson at Sunday night's, January 31 Grammy Awards, he's tipped the R&B star to become the new King of Pop. The "Yeah!" hitmaker joined Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson, Smokey Robinson and Carrie Underwood to perform Jackson's "Earth Song" at the annual awards ceremony.
The "99 Problems" star was watching from the audience at Los Angeles' Staples Center - and he predicts a groundbreaking future for Usher. He tells Access Hollywood, "I thought the Michael Jackson tribute was fantastic and I thought Usher was doing a magnificent job."
"I think he's; He's one of the guys that's in line to, you know, fill those huge shoes. I don't wanna put that pressure on him, but I think he's one of the guys that's in line to do that."
More Jay-Z News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism