Jack Johnson Will Use Sun's Rays to Make a New Album
Eco-warrior Jack Johnson is to record his new album using nothing but the sun's rays. The mellow Hawaiian has started work on the project at his solar powered Mango Tree studio and expects to have it ready for release in June.
Meanwhile, Johnson will take a break from recording his follow-up to 2008's "Sleep Through the Static" to headline the sixth annual Kokua Festival in April in Honolulu. Ziggly Marley and Taj Mahal will join him on the bill. The weekend event benefits the Kokua Hawaii Foundation, a non-profit organization started by Johnson and his wife that promotes environmental education.
Afterwards, Johnson will perform at another major event, 2010 Roskilde Festival which will run will run from July 1 - 4. He will be singing alongside such musical guests as Afenginn, Blackie and the Rodeo Kings and The Rumour Said Fire.
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer