Jack Johnson Will Use Sun's Rays to Make a New Album
Eco-warrior Jack Johnson is to record his new album using nothing but the sun's rays. The mellow Hawaiian has started work on the project at his solar powered Mango Tree studio and expects to have it ready for release in June.
Meanwhile, Johnson will take a break from recording his follow-up to 2008's "Sleep Through the Static" to headline the sixth annual Kokua Festival in April in Honolulu. Ziggly Marley and Taj Mahal will join him on the bill. The weekend event benefits the Kokua Hawaii Foundation, a non-profit organization started by Johnson and his wife that promotes environmental education.
Afterwards, Johnson will perform at another major event, 2010 Roskilde Festival which will run will run from July 1 - 4. He will be singing alongside such musical guests as Afenginn, Blackie and the Rodeo Kings and The Rumour Said Fire.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny