Jack Johnson Will Use Sun's Rays to Make a New Album
Eco-warrior Jack Johnson is to record his new album using nothing but the sun's rays. The mellow Hawaiian has started work on the project at his solar powered Mango Tree studio and expects to have it ready for release in June.
Meanwhile, Johnson will take a break from recording his follow-up to 2008's "Sleep Through the Static" to headline the sixth annual Kokua Festival in April in Honolulu. Ziggly Marley and Taj Mahal will join him on the bill. The weekend event benefits the Kokua Hawaii Foundation, a non-profit organization started by Johnson and his wife that promotes environmental education.
Afterwards, Johnson will perform at another major event, 2010 Roskilde Festival which will run will run from July 1 - 4. He will be singing alongside such musical guests as Afenginn, Blackie and the Rodeo Kings and The Rumour Said Fire.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris