'Doctor Who' May Invite Sophie Okonedo
Actress Sophie Okonedo is set to make a cameo in the new series of "Doctor Who", according to reports. The "Hotel Rwanda" star is said to have already filmed her scenes as mysterious character Liz Ten for the cult U.K. sci-fi series, which sees a new Time Lord, Matt Smith, take over from David Tennant later this year.
A source tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "Getting Sophie on board is a huge coup for the BBC. The forthcoming series has been criticized for being a bit light on the big names. But the feeling is less is more. Some fans thought the Kylie Minogue Christmas episode was a bit naff (poor)."
The casting news comes just a day after it was rumored that "Love Actually" star Bill Nighy would be making a cameo appearance in an upcoming episode of the long running show.
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'