'Doctor Who' May Invite Sophie Okonedo
Actress Sophie Okonedo is set to make a cameo in the new series of "Doctor Who", according to reports. The "Hotel Rwanda" star is said to have already filmed her scenes as mysterious character Liz Ten for the cult U.K. sci-fi series, which sees a new Time Lord, Matt Smith, take over from David Tennant later this year.
A source tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "Getting Sophie on board is a huge coup for the BBC. The forthcoming series has been criticized for being a bit light on the big names. But the feeling is less is more. Some fans thought the Kylie Minogue Christmas episode was a bit naff (poor)."
The casting news comes just a day after it was rumored that "Love Actually" star Bill Nighy would be making a cameo appearance in an upcoming episode of the long running show.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers