Pete Doherty Hit With Bagels at His Performance
British rocker Pete Doherty's first performance since the mystery death of his filmmaker pal Robyn Whitehead was not one he'll want to remember - he was pelted with bagels after taking the stage at a private party over an hour late. The star was stunned to learn of the recent death of Whitehead, who directed a documentary about his former band The Libertines, and battled with his grief to perform with his band Babyshambles at the B1 Maximum Club in Moscow on Sunday, January 31, 2010.
But the live show didn't start as well as he'd hoped - the exclusive crowd, which included Russian tycoon Roman Abramovich, grew restless when the British bad boy kept them waiting for 80 minutes, and then appeared to be intoxicated. One party guest tells Britain's Daily Mail, "He had his eyes shut and an expressionless and vacant look on his face."
The angry audience members vented their frustration by throwing bagels onstage at the band as they performed. One hit Doherty on the shoulder - but the tardy rocker was unfazed by the heckling, and even ate one of the bagels thrown at him.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake