Pete Doherty Hit With Bagels at His Performance
British rocker Pete Doherty's first performance since the mystery death of his filmmaker pal Robyn Whitehead was not one he'll want to remember - he was pelted with bagels after taking the stage at a private party over an hour late. The star was stunned to learn of the recent death of Whitehead, who directed a documentary about his former band The Libertines, and battled with his grief to perform with his band Babyshambles at the B1 Maximum Club in Moscow on Sunday, January 31, 2010.
But the live show didn't start as well as he'd hoped - the exclusive crowd, which included Russian tycoon Roman Abramovich, grew restless when the British bad boy kept them waiting for 80 minutes, and then appeared to be intoxicated. One party guest tells Britain's Daily Mail, "He had his eyes shut and an expressionless and vacant look on his face."
The angry audience members vented their frustration by throwing bagels onstage at the band as they performed. One hit Doherty on the shoulder - but the tardy rocker was unfazed by the heckling, and even ate one of the bagels thrown at him.
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maureen McCormick Is Eliminated, Sharna Burgess Dances Through Injury
- Margot Robbie Close to Joining 'Peter Rabbit' Movie
- Suge Knight Accusing Dr. Dre of Hiring a Hitman to Kill Him
- Report: Cara Delevingne Is Dating Dakota Johnson