Pete Doherty Hit With Bagels at His Performance
British rocker Pete Doherty's first performance since the mystery death of his filmmaker pal Robyn Whitehead was not one he'll want to remember - he was pelted with bagels after taking the stage at a private party over an hour late. The star was stunned to learn of the recent death of Whitehead, who directed a documentary about his former band The Libertines, and battled with his grief to perform with his band Babyshambles at the B1 Maximum Club in Moscow on Sunday, January 31, 2010.
But the live show didn't start as well as he'd hoped - the exclusive crowd, which included Russian tycoon Roman Abramovich, grew restless when the British bad boy kept them waiting for 80 minutes, and then appeared to be intoxicated. One party guest tells Britain's Daily Mail, "He had his eyes shut and an expressionless and vacant look on his face."
The angry audience members vented their frustration by throwing bagels onstage at the band as they performed. One hit Doherty on the shoulder - but the tardy rocker was unfazed by the heckling, and even ate one of the bagels thrown at him.
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie