Pete Doherty Hit With Bagels at His Performance
British rocker Pete Doherty's first performance since the mystery death of his filmmaker pal Robyn Whitehead was not one he'll want to remember - he was pelted with bagels after taking the stage at a private party over an hour late. The star was stunned to learn of the recent death of Whitehead, who directed a documentary about his former band The Libertines, and battled with his grief to perform with his band Babyshambles at the B1 Maximum Club in Moscow on Sunday, January 31, 2010.
But the live show didn't start as well as he'd hoped - the exclusive crowd, which included Russian tycoon Roman Abramovich, grew restless when the British bad boy kept them waiting for 80 minutes, and then appeared to be intoxicated. One party guest tells Britain's Daily Mail, "He had his eyes shut and an expressionless and vacant look on his face."
The angry audience members vented their frustration by throwing bagels onstage at the band as they performed. One hit Doherty on the shoulder - but the tardy rocker was unfazed by the heckling, and even ate one of the bagels thrown at him.
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill