Paul McCartney Writes for Gwyneth Paltrow's Website
Gwyneth Paltrow called on her close friend Stella McCartney's father Paul McCartney to write an article for her lifestyle newsletter - in a bid to explain the benefits of a meat-free diet. The "Shakespeare In Love" star talks about her diet, daily routine and top tips on her Goop website and weekly newsletter, and called on vegetarian McCartney to add his views to the latest installment.
The rocker champions "Meat Free Monday", a campaign to encourage consumers to ditch meat for one day a week, and he used his chance as Goop correspondent to champion the cause. He writes, "All it means is that you have to think a bit about what you'll eat that day but, in actual fact, far from being a chore, it's a fun challenge."
Paul McCartney first became a vegan when he and then wife Linda McCartney watched lambs on the field while they ate one. He also credited classic movie "Bambi" for driving him into meat-free zone.
More Paul McCartney News
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress