Mariah Carey and Courtney Love Nearly Made a Duet
Mariah Carey and Courtney Love almost teamed up for one of the most bizarre musical collaborations ever after meeting at moviemaker Brett Ratner's Hollywood home. The rocker was playing her new Hole tune "Samantha for Ratner" when Carey, who was in the studio to oversee videos the filmmaker had directed for her, offered to appear on the track.
Love tells Spinner.com she was upset that no one wanted to sing with her when she realized she was in the room with the ultimate modern diva. She says, "I'm at his house and I sing the part, 'People like you f**k people like me,' and this little voice goes, 'I'll sing it.' I'm like, 'Who's that?' The voice goes, 'It's Mariah'."
The musical collaboration never happened - but Love admits she had an interesting evening with Carey. She adds, "We sat on Brett's couch and we watched on a screen these five Mariah Carey videos he made. It was hysterical."
"I never met Mariah for more than a minute in my life, but we sort of canceled each other out. We had nothing negative about each other to say. I'm not in her universe and she's not in mine."
More Mariah Carey News
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week
- Kris Jenner Is Ready to Fight for Full Custody of Rob's Daughter Dream