Mariah Carey and Courtney Love Nearly Made a Duet
Mariah Carey and Courtney Love almost teamed up for one of the most bizarre musical collaborations ever after meeting at moviemaker Brett Ratner's Hollywood home. The rocker was playing her new Hole tune "Samantha for Ratner" when Carey, who was in the studio to oversee videos the filmmaker had directed for her, offered to appear on the track.
Love tells Spinner.com she was upset that no one wanted to sing with her when she realized she was in the room with the ultimate modern diva. She says, "I'm at his house and I sing the part, 'People like you f**k people like me,' and this little voice goes, 'I'll sing it.' I'm like, 'Who's that?' The voice goes, 'It's Mariah'."
The musical collaboration never happened - but Love admits she had an interesting evening with Carey. She adds, "We sat on Brett's couch and we watched on a screen these five Mariah Carey videos he made. It was hysterical."
"I never met Mariah for more than a minute in my life, but we sort of canceled each other out. We had nothing negative about each other to say. I'm not in her universe and she's not in mine."
More Mariah Carey News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna