Lil Wayne to Perform for Haiti Before Going to Jail
Rapper Lil Wayne is to make one more final public appearance before he begins a year behind bars - he has signed on to be part of the SOS Save Our Selves - Help For Haiti benefit on Friday night, February 5, 2010.
Sunday night's, January 31, 2010, Grammy Awards performance with Drake and Eminem was expected to be the rap star's last before he's sentenced on gun charges in New York next week, February 9, 2010. But he'll team up with P. Diddy, Pharrell Williams, Chris Brown, Wyclef Jean and other stars from the worlds of hip-hop and R&B for the latest celebrity fundraiser for the earthquake survivors of Haiti.
The Miami, Florida concert will raise money for CARE, Project Medishare, Yele Haiti and Children's Safe Drinking Water. Queen Latifah will host the event.
More Lil Wayne News
- Victoria Beckham to Sing Again for 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden
- Tyga Spotted Shopping With Scott Disick Amidst Claims Rapper Is Bisexual
- Charo Threatens to Quit 'DWTS' Amid Complaints of Unfair Scores
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- 'Santa Clarita Diet' Scores Second Season Renewal on Netflix
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday