Lil Wayne to Perform for Haiti Before Going to Jail
Rapper Lil Wayne is to make one more final public appearance before he begins a year behind bars - he has signed on to be part of the SOS Save Our Selves - Help For Haiti benefit on Friday night, February 5, 2010.
Sunday night's, January 31, 2010, Grammy Awards performance with Drake and Eminem was expected to be the rap star's last before he's sentenced on gun charges in New York next week, February 9, 2010. But he'll team up with P. Diddy, Pharrell Williams, Chris Brown, Wyclef Jean and other stars from the worlds of hip-hop and R&B for the latest celebrity fundraiser for the earthquake survivors of Haiti.
The Miami, Florida concert will raise money for CARE, Project Medishare, Yele Haiti and Children's Safe Drinking Water. Queen Latifah will host the event.
More Lil Wayne News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna