Revealed, Etta James Fights Alzheimer's Disease
Singing legend Etta James has been secretly battling Alzheimer's Disease for more than a year, her son has revealed. The 72-year-old R&B star was admitted to the Riverside Community Hospital in southern California a week ago, January 29, 2010, with a suspected urinary tract infection. At the time, Donto James revealed his mother had been treated earlier this year for a dependency on painkillers and over-the-counter medication.
He now tells CNN the singer was diagnosed with Alzheimer's over a year ago and has battled it in secret ever since. Donto, who plays in his mother's band, reveals the ailing "At Last" singer is suffering from speech difficulties, and has contracted the potentially-deadly MRSA virus since first undergoing treatment.
The worried musician says, "I am going to end up losing my mother if it keeps going on like this. There has to be another doctor out there who can tell me what is going on with my mother." But he remains confident she can bounce back, saying, "I want my mother back onstage again. I know it can happen."
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer
- Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey's Nude Photos Leaked by Ex Bella Thorne?
- Bella Hadid Bumps Into Ex The Weeknd During Concert at Madison Square Garden
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam Gets a Solo Movie as DC Splits 'Shazam'
- Amber Rose Claps Back at Haters Accusing Her of Being Rude to Sexual Assault Victim
- Did Charlie Sheen Just Threaten Jon Voight for Speaking at Donald Trump's Pre-Inagural Event?
- Kanye West Is Not Invited to Perform at Trump's Inauguration Because of This!