Revealed, Etta James Fights Alzheimer's Disease
Singing legend Etta James has been secretly battling Alzheimer's Disease for more than a year, her son has revealed. The 72-year-old R&B star was admitted to the Riverside Community Hospital in southern California a week ago, January 29, 2010, with a suspected urinary tract infection. At the time, Donto James revealed his mother had been treated earlier this year for a dependency on painkillers and over-the-counter medication.
He now tells CNN the singer was diagnosed with Alzheimer's over a year ago and has battled it in secret ever since. Donto, who plays in his mother's band, reveals the ailing "At Last" singer is suffering from speech difficulties, and has contracted the potentially-deadly MRSA virus since first undergoing treatment.
The worried musician says, "I am going to end up losing my mother if it keeps going on like this. There has to be another doctor out there who can tell me what is going on with my mother." But he remains confident she can bounce back, saying, "I want my mother back onstage again. I know it can happen."
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown
- Rita Ora Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mini Dress at De Grisogono Party in Cannes
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Does the Right Contestant Win Season 24?
- See 'Justice League' Costumes at the 2017 Licensing Expo
- Ariana Grande's Mom Rushed Fans to Safety After Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Nicki Minaj Won't Let Terrorists Win, Vows to Perform for Manchester Fans
- Irina Shayk Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body on Cannes Red Carpet
- Tiny Leans on Floyd Mayweather for Support Following Bitter Split From T.I.