Christina Hendricks Worrying About Her Outfit for Awards Season
"Mad Men" star Christina Hendricks dreads Hollywood's awards season - because so many fashion designers refuse to help the curvy star find an outfit for the red carpet. The busty redhead recently won an apology from a fashion blogger after a New York Times critic blasted her choice of gown for the Golden Globes last month.
Hendricks admits she always finds it hard to dress for high profile events as so many fashion brands refuse to associate themselves with larger ladies. She tells Britain's Glamour magazine, "It is difficult come award season and I need to find a gown to walk down the red carpet in, and there are only size zeros and size twos available. Then it becomes downright annoying. Because all these designers are saying, 'We love "Mad Men", we love Christina, but we won't make her a dress.'"
The actress admits her size has also lost her acting jobs in the past, but she refuses to shrink down to fit in with her super-slender peers. She adds, "I have not got jobs because I was told I was too sexy, too voluptuous. But it's just the way I am."
She continues, "I was told I was very close to getting a job and they decided I was too heavy. I felt very embarrassed. But I thought, 'I chose to live here (in Hollywood). I know how it goes. I can either lose weight or I can stay the same.' I chose to stay the same."
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic