Christina Hendricks Worrying About Her Outfit for Awards Season
"Mad Men" star Christina Hendricks dreads Hollywood's awards season - because so many fashion designers refuse to help the curvy star find an outfit for the red carpet. The busty redhead recently won an apology from a fashion blogger after a New York Times critic blasted her choice of gown for the Golden Globes last month.
Hendricks admits she always finds it hard to dress for high profile events as so many fashion brands refuse to associate themselves with larger ladies. She tells Britain's Glamour magazine, "It is difficult come award season and I need to find a gown to walk down the red carpet in, and there are only size zeros and size twos available. Then it becomes downright annoying. Because all these designers are saying, 'We love "Mad Men", we love Christina, but we won't make her a dress.'"
The actress admits her size has also lost her acting jobs in the past, but she refuses to shrink down to fit in with her super-slender peers. She adds, "I have not got jobs because I was told I was too sexy, too voluptuous. But it's just the way I am."
She continues, "I was told I was very close to getting a job and they decided I was too heavy. I felt very embarrassed. But I thought, 'I chose to live here (in Hollywood). I know how it goes. I can either lose weight or I can stay the same.' I chose to stay the same."
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill