Christina Hendricks Worrying About Her Outfit for Awards Season
"Mad Men" star Christina Hendricks dreads Hollywood's awards season - because so many fashion designers refuse to help the curvy star find an outfit for the red carpet. The busty redhead recently won an apology from a fashion blogger after a New York Times critic blasted her choice of gown for the Golden Globes last month.
Hendricks admits she always finds it hard to dress for high profile events as so many fashion brands refuse to associate themselves with larger ladies. She tells Britain's Glamour magazine, "It is difficult come award season and I need to find a gown to walk down the red carpet in, and there are only size zeros and size twos available. Then it becomes downright annoying. Because all these designers are saying, 'We love "Mad Men", we love Christina, but we won't make her a dress.'"
The actress admits her size has also lost her acting jobs in the past, but she refuses to shrink down to fit in with her super-slender peers. She adds, "I have not got jobs because I was told I was too sexy, too voluptuous. But it's just the way I am."
She continues, "I was told I was very close to getting a job and they decided I was too heavy. I felt very embarrassed. But I thought, 'I chose to live here (in Hollywood). I know how it goes. I can either lose weight or I can stay the same.' I chose to stay the same."
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS