Zachary Quinto to Team Up With Steven Spielberg for Biopic
"Star Trek" actor Zachary Quinto is reportedly set to swap space travel for the New York stage in Steven Spielberg's upcoming biopic of composer George Gershwin. The "Heroes" star is said to have been handed the lead role in the latest picture from the director's Dreamworks studio.
The movie will tell the story of the famous songwriter who set up more than a dozen Broadway shows with his brother Ira. Gershwin died in 1937 at the age of 38 following surgery to treat a brain tumor.
Zachary Quinto is reportedly working with a voice coach for his role in the film, which is scheduled to begin production in April, according to Deadline Hollywood. The site further revealed that the screenplay for the film has been written by Doug Wright.
More Zachary Quinto News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'