Zachary Quinto to Team Up With Steven Spielberg for Biopic
"Star Trek" actor Zachary Quinto is reportedly set to swap space travel for the New York stage in Steven Spielberg's upcoming biopic of composer George Gershwin. The "Heroes" star is said to have been handed the lead role in the latest picture from the director's Dreamworks studio.
The movie will tell the story of the famous songwriter who set up more than a dozen Broadway shows with his brother Ira. Gershwin died in 1937 at the age of 38 following surgery to treat a brain tumor.
Zachary Quinto is reportedly working with a voice coach for his role in the film, which is scheduled to begin production in April, according to Deadline Hollywood. The site further revealed that the screenplay for the film has been written by Doug Wright.
- Kim Kardashian Looks Gloomy During Outing After Paris Robbery
- Brad Pitt's Child Abuse Investigation Extended due to New Key Accusation
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards