Zachary Quinto to Team Up With Steven Spielberg for Biopic
"Star Trek" actor Zachary Quinto is reportedly set to swap space travel for the New York stage in Steven Spielberg's upcoming biopic of composer George Gershwin. The "Heroes" star is said to have been handed the lead role in the latest picture from the director's Dreamworks studio.
The movie will tell the story of the famous songwriter who set up more than a dozen Broadway shows with his brother Ira. Gershwin died in 1937 at the age of 38 following surgery to treat a brain tumor.
Zachary Quinto is reportedly working with a voice coach for his role in the film, which is scheduled to begin production in April, according to Deadline Hollywood. The site further revealed that the screenplay for the film has been written by Doug Wright.
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps