Zachary Quinto to Team Up With Steven Spielberg for Biopic
"Star Trek" actor Zachary Quinto is reportedly set to swap space travel for the New York stage in Steven Spielberg's upcoming biopic of composer George Gershwin. The "Heroes" star is said to have been handed the lead role in the latest picture from the director's Dreamworks studio.
The movie will tell the story of the famous songwriter who set up more than a dozen Broadway shows with his brother Ira. Gershwin died in 1937 at the age of 38 following surgery to treat a brain tumor.
Zachary Quinto is reportedly working with a voice coach for his role in the film, which is scheduled to begin production in April, according to Deadline Hollywood. The site further revealed that the screenplay for the film has been written by Doug Wright.
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia
- 'Psychopath' Sulli Gets Blasted for Biting Her Cat
- New Romance? Shirtless Justin Bieber Enjoys Romantic Hike With This Model
- Comic-Con: 'Westworld' Season 2 Trailer Is Violence Galore
- Pics: Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless, Parades Impressive Bum in Thong Bikini
- Song Joong Ki Reveals He Told Song Hye Kyo to Announce Their Wedding Due to Groundless Rumors