Heather Mills Has Her Artificial Leg Glued for Skating Reality Show
Paul McCartney's ex-wife Heather Mills was so determined to skate on U.K. reality show "Dancing on Ice" Sunday, January 31, she glued her artificial leg into place to ensure it didn't fall off. The former glamor model has worn a prosthetic limb since her left leg was amputated following a motorcycle accident in 1993.
She has been in rigorous training for the hit series, but has been struggling with some moves because of her disability. Earlier this week, Mills was forced to halt rehearsals to get a new limb fitted. She reveals, "It's really coming out of the socket. The more steps we do it comes out and then has to go back in. The screw might have loosened."
"I'm excited because I have a new leg. Every time you get a new leg you've got to get used to the different alignment and how it feels," the 42-year-old model explains. "I was trying to do my moves and kept falling over."
But Mills visibly struggled with the new limb on Sunday's live show as she skated to "The Emotions' Best Of My Love". After her performance, she said, "I had to adjust my leg because it keeps slipping out but (my physiotherapist) Sharon's been brilliant and glued it in."
"When you sweat the glue starts to move. I'm glued in now otherwise I wouldn't be able to skate. We're going to get a new socket made." TV chef Gordon Ramsay's wife Tana was voted off the show, after scoring just 12 points out of a possible 30 from the judges.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'