Dave Matthews Dismisses Singing at Politician Wedding Report
Grammy Awards nominee Dave Matthews has laughed off reports he was asked to perform at disgraced U.S. politician John Edwards nuptials, insisting he would never have agreed to the offer. The former Senator and vice-presidential candidate recently confessed to fathering a child with his mistress, and allegedly assured the woman, a former assistant, that he was serious about leaving his wife and marrying her - by planning his ideal wedding.
Matthews was reportedly at the top of Edwards' list of performers, but he insists he never spoke to the politician about his wedding day plans. The rocker tells U.S. news show Access Hollywood, "He didn't ask me and I would make a fair bet that I would have said no to such an offer, or I would have charged him an incredible amount of money."
Edwards and his mistress have since split and in early January, the ex-Senator's wife walked out on him after he confessed to the affair.
- Kim Kardashian Looks Gloomy During Outing After Paris Robbery
- Brad Pitt's Child Abuse Investigation Extended due to New Key Accusation
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards