Dave Matthews Dismisses Singing at Politician Wedding Report
Grammy Awards nominee Dave Matthews has laughed off reports he was asked to perform at disgraced U.S. politician John Edwards nuptials, insisting he would never have agreed to the offer. The former Senator and vice-presidential candidate recently confessed to fathering a child with his mistress, and allegedly assured the woman, a former assistant, that he was serious about leaving his wife and marrying her - by planning his ideal wedding.
Matthews was reportedly at the top of Edwards' list of performers, but he insists he never spoke to the politician about his wedding day plans. The rocker tells U.S. news show Access Hollywood, "He didn't ask me and I would make a fair bet that I would have said no to such an offer, or I would have charged him an incredible amount of money."
Edwards and his mistress have since split and in early January, the ex-Senator's wife walked out on him after he confessed to the affair.
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters