Dave Matthews Dismisses Singing at Politician Wedding Report
Grammy Awards nominee Dave Matthews has laughed off reports he was asked to perform at disgraced U.S. politician John Edwards nuptials, insisting he would never have agreed to the offer. The former Senator and vice-presidential candidate recently confessed to fathering a child with his mistress, and allegedly assured the woman, a former assistant, that he was serious about leaving his wife and marrying her - by planning his ideal wedding.
Matthews was reportedly at the top of Edwards' list of performers, but he insists he never spoke to the politician about his wedding day plans. The rocker tells U.S. news show Access Hollywood, "He didn't ask me and I would make a fair bet that I would have said no to such an offer, or I would have charged him an incredible amount of money."
Edwards and his mistress have since split and in early January, the ex-Senator's wife walked out on him after he confessed to the affair.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour