Dave Matthews Dismisses Singing at Politician Wedding Report
Grammy Awards nominee Dave Matthews has laughed off reports he was asked to perform at disgraced U.S. politician John Edwards nuptials, insisting he would never have agreed to the offer. The former Senator and vice-presidential candidate recently confessed to fathering a child with his mistress, and allegedly assured the woman, a former assistant, that he was serious about leaving his wife and marrying her - by planning his ideal wedding.
Matthews was reportedly at the top of Edwards' list of performers, but he insists he never spoke to the politician about his wedding day plans. The rocker tells U.S. news show Access Hollywood, "He didn't ask me and I would make a fair bet that I would have said no to such an offer, or I would have charged him an incredible amount of money."
Edwards and his mistress have since split and in early January, the ex-Senator's wife walked out on him after he confessed to the affair.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist