Michael Jackson's Brothers Deal With 'Emptiness' at Studio
Michael Jackson's siblings are still struggling to deal with his death, with Tito Jackson revealing he feels a "constant emptiness" without his brother by his side. Tito - along with the remaining members of the Jackson Five, Jermaine Jackson, Marlon Jackson and Jackie Jackson - was stunned to learn about his brother's death after he suffered a cardiac arrest in June 2009.
The siblings are preparing to relaunch themselves as a foursome - but Tito finds it hard in the studio without Michael. He tells Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper, "No matter what we're doing - working in the studio or rehearsing dance steps - there's an emptiness there. You feel it constantly. It's bearing down on you."
"Emotionally it's very difficult to sing these songs without Michael. Just to hear him on the radio today is very emotional," he continues. And Jermaine also finds it hard to deal with Michael's death, seven months after the tragedy. He adds, "I still wake up every day and can't believe my brother isn't with us."
But the four siblings have vowed to continue making music and credit Michael with inspiring them to carry on. Tito adds, "Michael was a bright, shining light that's been shining our whole lives. But we don't feel the light is turned off."
"We just feel the light is brighter really because the legacy lives on and his spirit is very much alive. We feel him all the time and when we do our performances we're going to have him right up there with us always."
More Michael Jackson News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal