Michael Jackson's Brothers Deal With 'Emptiness' at Studio
Michael Jackson's siblings are still struggling to deal with his death, with Tito Jackson revealing he feels a "constant emptiness" without his brother by his side. Tito - along with the remaining members of the Jackson Five, Jermaine Jackson, Marlon Jackson and Jackie Jackson - was stunned to learn about his brother's death after he suffered a cardiac arrest in June 2009.
The siblings are preparing to relaunch themselves as a foursome - but Tito finds it hard in the studio without Michael. He tells Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper, "No matter what we're doing - working in the studio or rehearsing dance steps - there's an emptiness there. You feel it constantly. It's bearing down on you."
"Emotionally it's very difficult to sing these songs without Michael. Just to hear him on the radio today is very emotional," he continues. And Jermaine also finds it hard to deal with Michael's death, seven months after the tragedy. He adds, "I still wake up every day and can't believe my brother isn't with us."
But the four siblings have vowed to continue making music and credit Michael with inspiring them to carry on. Tito adds, "Michael was a bright, shining light that's been shining our whole lives. But we don't feel the light is turned off."
"We just feel the light is brighter really because the legacy lives on and his spirit is very much alive. We feel him all the time and when we do our performances we're going to have him right up there with us always."
More Michael Jackson News
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!