Cliff Richard Ordered to Demolish Property's Extension
British singer Cliff Richard has been ordered to tear down an extension on his home after local officials ruled the structure illegal. Planning officials at Runnymede Borough Council deemed the glass conservatory "too big" and alleged it was added to the Surrey, England property in 2006 without proper authorization.
The pop veteran battled to save the structure and lodged an appeal against the council's decision, but his legal challenge has been dismissed and authorities have ordered him to demolish the extension. Richard's planning consultant, Dave Farrell, admits the star is dismayed by the ruling.
He says, "(The demolition order is) a bit silly. We're disappointed but it's just one of those things." Planning committee chairman Geoff Woodger, adds, "The decision confirms our view that the conservatory breached policy."
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special