Cliff Richard Ordered to Demolish Property's Extension
British singer Cliff Richard has been ordered to tear down an extension on his home after local officials ruled the structure illegal. Planning officials at Runnymede Borough Council deemed the glass conservatory "too big" and alleged it was added to the Surrey, England property in 2006 without proper authorization.
The pop veteran battled to save the structure and lodged an appeal against the council's decision, but his legal challenge has been dismissed and authorities have ordered him to demolish the extension. Richard's planning consultant, Dave Farrell, admits the star is dismayed by the ruling.
He says, "(The demolition order is) a bit silly. We're disappointed but it's just one of those things." Planning committee chairman Geoff Woodger, adds, "The decision confirms our view that the conservatory breached policy."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri