Rehab Stint of Aerosmith's Steven Tyler Continues
Rocker Steven Tyler has completed 30 days of "intensive sobriety treatment" in a California rehabilitation clinic after publicly acknowledging he was struggling with a painkiller addiction. The former Aerosmith star, who fell from a stage in South Dakota during a show last summer, is now undergoing a 90-day "residential day treatment program," according to a statement from the singer's management company, Tenth Street Entertainment.
Tyler has been spotted in the Palm Desert area in recent weeks, leading to speculation he has been at the fabled Betty Ford Clinic nearby. Last Saturday, January 23, he showed up at a Home Depot hardware market and sang two Aerosmith songs over the store's tannoy system.
A source tells People.com, "(He) has privileges to leave the grounds... He was shopping." The rocker also showed up at a Palm Desert karaoke bar and belted out Aerosmith ballad "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing".
Eric Sherman, the president of Tenth Street Entertainment, tells the website, "(Tyler is) a performer 24/7, whether he's on stage, at the Home Depot or singing karaoke. We are all really proud of Steven's continuing successful therapy and look forward to the day he returns to the stage and recording studio with Aerosmith to make new music for the fans."
Sherman's comments suggest Tyler's hiatus from the band may be short lived. He announced plans to take a break from the group in an interview late last year, prompting bandmate Joe Perry to proceed with auditions to find a replacement frontman.
More Aerosmith News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special