Willie Nelson Canceling Concert Because of Hand Injury
Country music legend Willie Nelson was forced to scrap a concert in North Carolina on Thursday's, January 28, because of a hand injury. Nelson, who had carpal tunnel surgery on his left hand in 2004, was scheduled to play at the Duplin County Events Center in Kenansville, but severe pain caused him to cancel the show.
Fans were notified of the concert cancellation by the singer's daughter, who posted an apology to fans on her dad's website. The message read, "We have just canceled tonight's performance in Kenansville, NC. Dad's hand (the one he had the carpal tunnel operation on) was in pain, too much to play his guitar... Doctors say to just give it a rest. He is going to try and finish the tour... before taking it on home to Texas for ten days." She adds, "I'll keep you informed if there are any more changes to the schedule. The show is currently being rescheduled and we'll let you know the new date."
Nelson's hand injury wasn't the only problem the grizzled star had to worry about - an hour before the concert was canceled, members of his band found themselves in trouble with police. Nelson's longtime bass player Dan Edward "Bee" Spears, along with five other members of his band and crew, were charged with possession of non-tax-paid alcohol following a police raid of their tour bus. Two of the six people on board were also charged with marijuana possession.
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene
- 'Riverdale' Season 2 May Introduce Toni Topaz
- Emily Blunt, Zoe Saldana and More Are Ponies and Manes in First Full Trailer for 'My Little Pony'
- Watch Steve Aoki, DVBBS and 2 Chainz's Futuristic Video for 'Without U'
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- 'This Is Us' Ups Two Actors to Series Regulars for Season 2
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding