Willie Nelson Canceling Concert Because of Hand Injury
Country music legend Willie Nelson was forced to scrap a concert in North Carolina on Thursday's, January 28, because of a hand injury. Nelson, who had carpal tunnel surgery on his left hand in 2004, was scheduled to play at the Duplin County Events Center in Kenansville, but severe pain caused him to cancel the show.
Fans were notified of the concert cancellation by the singer's daughter, who posted an apology to fans on her dad's website. The message read, "We have just canceled tonight's performance in Kenansville, NC. Dad's hand (the one he had the carpal tunnel operation on) was in pain, too much to play his guitar... Doctors say to just give it a rest. He is going to try and finish the tour... before taking it on home to Texas for ten days." She adds, "I'll keep you informed if there are any more changes to the schedule. The show is currently being rescheduled and we'll let you know the new date."
Nelson's hand injury wasn't the only problem the grizzled star had to worry about - an hour before the concert was canceled, members of his band found themselves in trouble with police. Nelson's longtime bass player Dan Edward "Bee" Spears, along with five other members of his band and crew, were charged with possession of non-tax-paid alcohol following a police raid of their tour bus. Two of the six people on board were also charged with marijuana possession.
More Willie Nelson News
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder
- Drake's 'More Life' Dethrones Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' on Billboard 200