Willie Nelson Canceling Concert Because of Hand Injury
Country music legend Willie Nelson was forced to scrap a concert in North Carolina on Thursday's, January 28, because of a hand injury. Nelson, who had carpal tunnel surgery on his left hand in 2004, was scheduled to play at the Duplin County Events Center in Kenansville, but severe pain caused him to cancel the show.
Fans were notified of the concert cancellation by the singer's daughter, who posted an apology to fans on her dad's website. The message read, "We have just canceled tonight's performance in Kenansville, NC. Dad's hand (the one he had the carpal tunnel operation on) was in pain, too much to play his guitar... Doctors say to just give it a rest. He is going to try and finish the tour... before taking it on home to Texas for ten days." She adds, "I'll keep you informed if there are any more changes to the schedule. The show is currently being rescheduled and we'll let you know the new date."
Nelson's hand injury wasn't the only problem the grizzled star had to worry about - an hour before the concert was canceled, members of his band found themselves in trouble with police. Nelson's longtime bass player Dan Edward "Bee" Spears, along with five other members of his band and crew, were charged with possession of non-tax-paid alcohol following a police raid of their tour bus. Two of the six people on board were also charged with marijuana possession.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen