John Travolta Shares His 'Rough' Mercy Mission to Haiti
John Travolta struggled through his mercy mission to Haiti this week, January 25 because he was left heartbroken by the extent of the damage caused by the devastating earthquake. The "Pulp Fiction" star, a licensed pilot, landed a plane in the Caribbean nation on Monday, January 25 to personally deliver food and medical supplies to the survivors of the January 12 quake.
The actor admits the trip was tough on him emotionally, especially after meeting one seven-year-old boy who had lost his entire family in the disaster. Travolta tells Us Magazine, "He was walking with a limp because he had been hurt. All he wanted to do was see the inside of our plane. We took him through and gave him treats and all that stuff. To think that he doesn't have a family now is pretty rough."
But Travolta, who flew to Haiti with his wife Kelly Preston, is happy the goods he transported to the disaster zone have all been put to use. He says, "Everything we brought down, we actually are certain they used because we got a report from our personal doctors. We basically shopped for it, brought it down and then gave them what they needed."
Preston adds, "They're using (the supplies) in the hospitals now. They're able to perform surgeries ... It's wonderful." Monday's mission was the second relief trip Travolta had organized for Haiti - the actor dug deep to arrange for a plane to carry volunteers to the country just days after the tremors rocked the nation.
- Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing Identified, His Brother Arrested by Police
- Ashley Tisdale and Lucas Grabeel Reunite to Cover Classic 'High School Musical' Song
- Katy Perry Wants to Celebrate Her $25M 'American Idol' Paycheck With a 'Beautiful Man'
- Hailey Baldwin Goes Braless for Maxim as She's Dubbed the World's Sexiest Woman
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 2: And the Winner of Season 12 Is....
- Kim Kardashian Faces Backlash Over Insensitive Tribute to Manchester Attack Victims
- Future Enlists Kendrick Lamar on 'Mask Off' Remix - Listen
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown