Courtney Love Hires Vocal Coach After Being Ridiculed by Fans
Courtney Love was so embarrassed by her "terrible singing" on a leaked Hole recording, she hired a vocal coach. The rocker was left red-faced after an early version of "Nobody's Daughter", the title track from the band's upcoming album, leaked on the internet and was ridiculed by fans.
Love admits she then recruited a voice expert - and insists her singing skills returned in just three sessions. She tells Britain's NME magazine, "(On) the song 'Nobody's Daughter', the one that went out on the internet, my singing was so terrible, I couldn't sing on pitch. So I found this vocal coach who taught me what my hard palette and my soft palette meant."
"He's Bono and PJ Harvey's vocal coach. I didn't even need to go to him more than three to four times. He gave me my voice back. I can f**king sing Violet three times in a row, and I couldn't do that in L.A."
"I cut down on smoking... well, not so much, I still smoke, I cut down a little bit on it and he told me what you're doing with your larynx when you smoke, which is you're frying it basically, and unless I want to sound like Marianne (Marianne Faithfull)... as much as I love her, I don't want to sound like her every day."
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof