Courtney Love Hires Vocal Coach After Being Ridiculed by Fans
Courtney Love was so embarrassed by her "terrible singing" on a leaked Hole recording, she hired a vocal coach. The rocker was left red-faced after an early version of "Nobody's Daughter", the title track from the band's upcoming album, leaked on the internet and was ridiculed by fans.
Love admits she then recruited a voice expert - and insists her singing skills returned in just three sessions. She tells Britain's NME magazine, "(On) the song 'Nobody's Daughter', the one that went out on the internet, my singing was so terrible, I couldn't sing on pitch. So I found this vocal coach who taught me what my hard palette and my soft palette meant."
"He's Bono and PJ Harvey's vocal coach. I didn't even need to go to him more than three to four times. He gave me my voice back. I can f**king sing Violet three times in a row, and I couldn't do that in L.A."
"I cut down on smoking... well, not so much, I still smoke, I cut down a little bit on it and he told me what you're doing with your larynx when you smoke, which is you're frying it basically, and unless I want to sound like Marianne (Marianne Faithfull)... as much as I love her, I don't want to sound like her every day."
- Meek Mill Takes More Shots at Drake on 'All the Way Up' Remix
- Disney Is Considering a Live-Action Version of 'The Little Mermaid'
- Johnny Depp Protects $400 Net Worth, Refuses Amber Heard's Request for Spousal Support
- 'Limitless' Is Canceled by CBS After One Season, Gets No Second Chance
- Beyonce Holds Hands With Jay-Z During Date Night in NYC
- New 'Captain America' Comic Reveals Steve Rogers Is a Hydra Agent All Along
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp