Etta James Hospitalized Due to Dangerous Infection
Legendary soul singer Etta James has been hospitalized in Southern California with a serious infection, according to her son. The "At Last" singer, 72, was admitted to Riverside Community Hospital about a week ago after being diagnosed with sepsis caused by a urinary tract infection.
According to Donto James, his mother entered a treatment program at the start of the year 2010 to receive help in kicking a dependency on painkillers and over-the-counter medication. She was transferred to another facility, which has not been named, before being taken to hospital where her condition deteriorated.
However, the star's son insists she is now in recovery and James is expected to be released soon. James' public battle with heroin addiction and numerous stints in rehab for substance abuse was chronicled in 2008 film "Cadillac Records", starring Beyonce Knowles as the R&B icon.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'