Etta James Hospitalized Due to Dangerous Infection
Legendary soul singer Etta James has been hospitalized in Southern California with a serious infection, according to her son. The "At Last" singer, 72, was admitted to Riverside Community Hospital about a week ago after being diagnosed with sepsis caused by a urinary tract infection.
According to Donto James, his mother entered a treatment program at the start of the year 2010 to receive help in kicking a dependency on painkillers and over-the-counter medication. She was transferred to another facility, which has not been named, before being taken to hospital where her condition deteriorated.
However, the star's son insists she is now in recovery and James is expected to be released soon. James' public battle with heroin addiction and numerous stints in rehab for substance abuse was chronicled in 2008 film "Cadillac Records", starring Beyonce Knowles as the R&B icon.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart