Etta James Hospitalized Due to Dangerous Infection
Legendary soul singer Etta James has been hospitalized in Southern California with a serious infection, according to her son. The "At Last" singer, 72, was admitted to Riverside Community Hospital about a week ago after being diagnosed with sepsis caused by a urinary tract infection.
According to Donto James, his mother entered a treatment program at the start of the year 2010 to receive help in kicking a dependency on painkillers and over-the-counter medication. She was transferred to another facility, which has not been named, before being taken to hospital where her condition deteriorated.
However, the star's son insists she is now in recovery and James is expected to be released soon. James' public battle with heroin addiction and numerous stints in rehab for substance abuse was chronicled in 2008 film "Cadillac Records", starring Beyonce Knowles as the R&B icon.
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO