Etta James Hospitalized Due to Dangerous Infection
Legendary soul singer Etta James has been hospitalized in Southern California with a serious infection, according to her son. The "At Last" singer, 72, was admitted to Riverside Community Hospital about a week ago after being diagnosed with sepsis caused by a urinary tract infection.
According to Donto James, his mother entered a treatment program at the start of the year 2010 to receive help in kicking a dependency on painkillers and over-the-counter medication. She was transferred to another facility, which has not been named, before being taken to hospital where her condition deteriorated.
However, the star's son insists she is now in recovery and James is expected to be released soon. James' public battle with heroin addiction and numerous stints in rehab for substance abuse was chronicled in 2008 film "Cadillac Records", starring Beyonce Knowles as the R&B icon.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked