Etta James Hospitalized Due to Dangerous Infection
Legendary soul singer Etta James has been hospitalized in Southern California with a serious infection, according to her son. The "At Last" singer, 72, was admitted to Riverside Community Hospital about a week ago after being diagnosed with sepsis caused by a urinary tract infection.
According to Donto James, his mother entered a treatment program at the start of the year 2010 to receive help in kicking a dependency on painkillers and over-the-counter medication. She was transferred to another facility, which has not been named, before being taken to hospital where her condition deteriorated.
However, the star's son insists she is now in recovery and James is expected to be released soon. James' public battle with heroin addiction and numerous stints in rehab for substance abuse was chronicled in 2008 film "Cadillac Records", starring Beyonce Knowles as the R&B icon.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off