Billy Idol to Replace Steven Tyler's Role in Aerosmith
Veteran rocker Billy Idol has become the latest big name rumored to be in the running to replace Steven Tyler as frontman of Aerosmith. The band revealed they will be hosting auditions to find a new member while Tyler takes a hiatus, with guitarist Joe Perry insisting the star won't be ready to tour with them until he recovers from a recent stint in rehab and a series of operations.
Lenny Kravitz was the first singer linked to the role, but admitted he would never take over from Tyler, while reports have also suggested former Queen star Paul Rodgers. Now Idol is rumored to be in contention, with Classic Rock magazine reporting he was due to meet with the musicians but pulled out after falling sick. A source tells the publication, "Joe said he wanted to talk to Billy about joining Aerosmith, because the band were having problems with Steven. As far as I know Idol did not show up due to having a cold."
Perry recently admitted they have already talked to a number of singers about replacing Tyler, but refused to divulge any names. He said, "(There's) a few people we've talked to, and we'll see how it goes... As far as auditions go, we'll probably just sit around and have a couple of drinks and see if we get along - because we're already gonna know that they can sing."
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly