Hardly Getting New Job, Ray Winstone Will Take a Break From Acting
Ray Winstone is planning to take time away from the spotlight - because he's struggling to land any new acting roles. The Brit was set to film a big screen remake of cult 1970s cop show "The Sweeney" in late 2010, but the project was scrapped due to financial problems - and he admits his script offers have slowed down.
But the "Sexy Beast" star is hoping to make the most of his career lull - by spending time with his three daughters and wife Elaine. He tells U.K. talk show GMTV, "Hopefully, I'll have a break now. I've got no work to do now, I'm unemployed. It's been a long time since I've been unemployed. I'll enjoy it - I can see the family."
Ray Winstone's movie "44 Inch Chest" was recently released in U.S. theaters on January 29. He portrays a British gangster named Colin Diamond, starring opposite Ian McShane, John Hurt, Tom Wilkinson and Stephen Dillane. The big screen project follows the story of Colin who is convinced by his friends to kidnap and torture a man who has an affair with his wife.
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up