Hardly Getting New Job, Ray Winstone Will Take a Break From Acting
Ray Winstone is planning to take time away from the spotlight - because he's struggling to land any new acting roles. The Brit was set to film a big screen remake of cult 1970s cop show "The Sweeney" in late 2010, but the project was scrapped due to financial problems - and he admits his script offers have slowed down.
But the "Sexy Beast" star is hoping to make the most of his career lull - by spending time with his three daughters and wife Elaine. He tells U.K. talk show GMTV, "Hopefully, I'll have a break now. I've got no work to do now, I'm unemployed. It's been a long time since I've been unemployed. I'll enjoy it - I can see the family."
Ray Winstone's movie "44 Inch Chest" was recently released in U.S. theaters on January 29. He portrays a British gangster named Colin Diamond, starring opposite Ian McShane, John Hurt, Tom Wilkinson and Stephen Dillane. The big screen project follows the story of Colin who is convinced by his friends to kidnap and torture a man who has an affair with his wife.
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'