Hardly Getting New Job, Ray Winstone Will Take a Break From Acting
Ray Winstone is planning to take time away from the spotlight - because he's struggling to land any new acting roles. The Brit was set to film a big screen remake of cult 1970s cop show "The Sweeney" in late 2010, but the project was scrapped due to financial problems - and he admits his script offers have slowed down.
But the "Sexy Beast" star is hoping to make the most of his career lull - by spending time with his three daughters and wife Elaine. He tells U.K. talk show GMTV, "Hopefully, I'll have a break now. I've got no work to do now, I'm unemployed. It's been a long time since I've been unemployed. I'll enjoy it - I can see the family."
Ray Winstone's movie "44 Inch Chest" was recently released in U.S. theaters on January 29. He portrays a British gangster named Colin Diamond, starring opposite Ian McShane, John Hurt, Tom Wilkinson and Stephen Dillane. The big screen project follows the story of Colin who is convinced by his friends to kidnap and torture a man who has an affair with his wife.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly