Hardly Getting New Job, Ray Winstone Will Take a Break From Acting
Ray Winstone is planning to take time away from the spotlight - because he's struggling to land any new acting roles. The Brit was set to film a big screen remake of cult 1970s cop show "The Sweeney" in late 2010, but the project was scrapped due to financial problems - and he admits his script offers have slowed down.
But the "Sexy Beast" star is hoping to make the most of his career lull - by spending time with his three daughters and wife Elaine. He tells U.K. talk show GMTV, "Hopefully, I'll have a break now. I've got no work to do now, I'm unemployed. It's been a long time since I've been unemployed. I'll enjoy it - I can see the family."
Ray Winstone's movie "44 Inch Chest" was recently released in U.S. theaters on January 29. He portrays a British gangster named Colin Diamond, starring opposite Ian McShane, John Hurt, Tom Wilkinson and Stephen Dillane. The big screen project follows the story of Colin who is convinced by his friends to kidnap and torture a man who has an affair with his wife.
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs