2011 Will Be Rihanna's Year, Grammy Organizers Say
Grammy Awards organizers have dismissed suggestions Rihanna was denied a chance to perform at 2010 show because she pulled out of the 2009 event at the last minute. The singer was due to sing at the prestigious ceremony in 2009 but scrapped her appearance following a vicious fight with ex-boyfriend Chris Brown, which left her battered and bruised.
Rihanna recently confirmed she won't be taking to the stage at the 2010 event, and hinted producers deliberately shunned her because of last year's furore. She said, "We messed their show up pretty bad last year. They might be a little mad at me."
But Grammy producer Ken Ehrlich insists there are no hard feelings toward the "Umbrella" hitmaker. He tells Access Hollywood, "How can you be mad at Rihanna? Rihanna is a lovely person. No, we're not mad at her."
And Ehrlich envisions Rihanna will be the star of the 2011 ceremony, "We actually talked about possibly doing something this year (but) I think probably next year will be Rihanna's year." The 21 year old is expected to attend the event, which takes place in Los Angeles on January 31. She is nominated for two awards for "Run This Town", her collaboration with Jay-Z and Kanye West.
More Rihanna News
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'