2011 Will Be Rihanna's Year, Grammy Organizers Say
Grammy Awards organizers have dismissed suggestions Rihanna was denied a chance to perform at 2010 show because she pulled out of the 2009 event at the last minute. The singer was due to sing at the prestigious ceremony in 2009 but scrapped her appearance following a vicious fight with ex-boyfriend Chris Brown, which left her battered and bruised.
Rihanna recently confirmed she won't be taking to the stage at the 2010 event, and hinted producers deliberately shunned her because of last year's furore. She said, "We messed their show up pretty bad last year. They might be a little mad at me."
But Grammy producer Ken Ehrlich insists there are no hard feelings toward the "Umbrella" hitmaker. He tells Access Hollywood, "How can you be mad at Rihanna? Rihanna is a lovely person. No, we're not mad at her."
And Ehrlich envisions Rihanna will be the star of the 2011 ceremony, "We actually talked about possibly doing something this year (but) I think probably next year will be Rihanna's year." The 21 year old is expected to attend the event, which takes place in Los Angeles on January 31. She is nominated for two awards for "Run This Town", her collaboration with Jay-Z and Kanye West.
More Rihanna News
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video