The Rolling Stones' Ron Wood Signs Up Eighth Rehab Stint
The Rolling Stones star Ron Wood has checked himself into a rehabilitation center in London in a bid to kick his alcohol problems, according to reports. It will be the 62-year-old rocker's eighth stint in rehab, Britain's Daily Mail newspaper reports.
Wood last sought professional treatment for his boozing in July 2008, shortly after he walked out on his wife of 23 years, Jo, to be with his then-lover, young Russian waitress Ekaterina Ivanova. His latest rehab stint comes a month after he was cautioned by British police following a violent altercation with now-ex Ivanova.
The troubled star was arrested in December 2009 after allegedly choking his 21-year-old lover during a heated 30-minute argument outside a restaurant in Surrey, England. The subsequent split from Ivanova reportedly sent Wood over the edge - and back to rehab.
A source tells the Mail, "Ronnie has been in a bad state of mind since his split with Katia. They were in a terrible relationship, but since their break-up he has not been himself. He has been lonely and drinking... Jo and the entire family are just happy that he is seeking help again."
The tabloid report suggests Wood's bandmate Sir Mick Jagger had also advised the guitarist to get help with his drinking. A close pal tells the publication, "Mick has always been helpful and supportive of Ronnie when he gets in trouble and falls off the wagon (starts drinking)."
"The news (that) Ronnie's decided to go into rehab is really pleasing for Mick. He has always urged him to get help when he's had his problems - and this case was no different. Mick's just delighted he's taken heed and is trying to get himself straight."
More The Rolling Stones News
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'