The Rolling Stones' Ron Wood Signs Up Eighth Rehab Stint
The Rolling Stones star Ron Wood has checked himself into a rehabilitation center in London in a bid to kick his alcohol problems, according to reports. It will be the 62-year-old rocker's eighth stint in rehab, Britain's Daily Mail newspaper reports.
Wood last sought professional treatment for his boozing in July 2008, shortly after he walked out on his wife of 23 years, Jo, to be with his then-lover, young Russian waitress Ekaterina Ivanova. His latest rehab stint comes a month after he was cautioned by British police following a violent altercation with now-ex Ivanova.
The troubled star was arrested in December 2009 after allegedly choking his 21-year-old lover during a heated 30-minute argument outside a restaurant in Surrey, England. The subsequent split from Ivanova reportedly sent Wood over the edge - and back to rehab.
A source tells the Mail, "Ronnie has been in a bad state of mind since his split with Katia. They were in a terrible relationship, but since their break-up he has not been himself. He has been lonely and drinking... Jo and the entire family are just happy that he is seeking help again."
The tabloid report suggests Wood's bandmate Sir Mick Jagger had also advised the guitarist to get help with his drinking. A close pal tells the publication, "Mick has always been helpful and supportive of Ronnie when he gets in trouble and falls off the wagon (starts drinking)."
"The news (that) Ronnie's decided to go into rehab is really pleasing for Mick. He has always urged him to get help when he's had his problems - and this case was no different. Mick's just delighted he's taken heed and is trying to get himself straight."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says