Kristen Bell 'Regrets' Adopting a Dog Out of Hurricane Katrina
Kristen Bell is stuck with an elderly dog she adopted out of pity after Hurricane Katrina - because the ailing pooch is surviving years longer than she had expected. The "Couples Retreat" star took in three pets left homeless after Katrina struck New Orleans in 2005, volunteering to look after the oldest canine the shelter had in what she thought would be its final days.
But the dog, named Sadie, is clinging to life - and four years later, Bell has to put up with her pet's bad hygiene and diminishing health. She explains, "I adopted this dog from Katrina when she was 12 'cause I work with a shelter and they had a bunch of dogs and I said, 'I'll take the oldest one, I can care for her.'"
She adds, "Cut to four years later, (I'm) actually thinking she may be a real-life vampire and never die. She's almost totally blind and deaf. When she's in the house, you can hear her pooping from the other room, it's like bowling balls dropping. She's semi-crippled in the house and she breathes like Darth Vader."
More Kristen Bell News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie