Kristen Bell 'Regrets' Adopting a Dog Out of Hurricane Katrina
Kristen Bell is stuck with an elderly dog she adopted out of pity after Hurricane Katrina - because the ailing pooch is surviving years longer than she had expected. The "Couples Retreat" star took in three pets left homeless after Katrina struck New Orleans in 2005, volunteering to look after the oldest canine the shelter had in what she thought would be its final days.
But the dog, named Sadie, is clinging to life - and four years later, Bell has to put up with her pet's bad hygiene and diminishing health. She explains, "I adopted this dog from Katrina when she was 12 'cause I work with a shelter and they had a bunch of dogs and I said, 'I'll take the oldest one, I can care for her.'"
She adds, "Cut to four years later, (I'm) actually thinking she may be a real-life vampire and never die. She's almost totally blind and deaf. When she's in the house, you can hear her pooping from the other room, it's like bowling balls dropping. She's semi-crippled in the house and she breathes like Darth Vader."
More Kristen Bell News
- See a Glimpse of Gru and Dru's Past in New 'Despicable Me 3' Trailer
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mesh Top in New Selfie
- Justin Bieber Forgets 'Despacito' Spanish Lyrics, Sings 'Blah, Blah, Blah' Instead
- Fans Loath ABC's 'Dirty Dancing' Remake - See the Hilarious Memes
- Kourtney Kardashian Flaunts Butt as She Enjoys Jet Ski Ride With Younes Bendjima
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay
- Chris Cornell's Wife Pens Letter to Late Singer: 'I Will Stand Up for You'