Kristen Bell 'Regrets' Adopting a Dog Out of Hurricane Katrina
Kristen Bell is stuck with an elderly dog she adopted out of pity after Hurricane Katrina - because the ailing pooch is surviving years longer than she had expected. The "Couples Retreat" star took in three pets left homeless after Katrina struck New Orleans in 2005, volunteering to look after the oldest canine the shelter had in what she thought would be its final days.
But the dog, named Sadie, is clinging to life - and four years later, Bell has to put up with her pet's bad hygiene and diminishing health. She explains, "I adopted this dog from Katrina when she was 12 'cause I work with a shelter and they had a bunch of dogs and I said, 'I'll take the oldest one, I can care for her.'"
She adds, "Cut to four years later, (I'm) actually thinking she may be a real-life vampire and never die. She's almost totally blind and deaf. When she's in the house, you can hear her pooping from the other room, it's like bowling balls dropping. She's semi-crippled in the house and she breathes like Darth Vader."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby