Fantasia Barrino Clearing Up Rumors She's Dating Married Man
R&B singer Fantasia Barrino has brushed off reports she's dating a married man, insisting she is happy living life as a single girl. The former "American Idol" star, 25, was rumored to be involved with a man named Antwaun Cook, but she is adamant their relationship is strictly platonic.
She tells People magazine, "He's a good friend, and he is not with his wife." And Barrino admits she is too busy getting her life back on track after a number of financial and health problems to worry about dating. She adds, "Right now I'm committed to my career. I'm not trying to be in a deep relationship. As hard as I have fought to come back, nothing can stop me."
The singer was forced to take time out of her schedule in 2007 to undergo surgery and remove a hemorrhagic polyp growth on her vocal chords. Barrino then faced financial ruin and almost lost her home in North Carolina in December, 2008 before reaching a deal with local authorities, saving her house from being auctioned off.
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses