Fantasia Barrino Clearing Up Rumors She's Dating Married Man
R&B singer Fantasia Barrino has brushed off reports she's dating a married man, insisting she is happy living life as a single girl. The former "American Idol" star, 25, was rumored to be involved with a man named Antwaun Cook, but she is adamant their relationship is strictly platonic.
She tells People magazine, "He's a good friend, and he is not with his wife." And Barrino admits she is too busy getting her life back on track after a number of financial and health problems to worry about dating. She adds, "Right now I'm committed to my career. I'm not trying to be in a deep relationship. As hard as I have fought to come back, nothing can stop me."
The singer was forced to take time out of her schedule in 2007 to undergo surgery and remove a hemorrhagic polyp growth on her vocal chords. Barrino then faced financial ruin and almost lost her home in North Carolina in December, 2008 before reaching a deal with local authorities, saving her house from being auctioned off.
More Fantasia Barrino News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign