Fantasia Barrino Clearing Up Rumors She's Dating Married Man
R&B singer Fantasia Barrino has brushed off reports she's dating a married man, insisting she is happy living life as a single girl. The former "American Idol" star, 25, was rumored to be involved with a man named Antwaun Cook, but she is adamant their relationship is strictly platonic.
She tells People magazine, "He's a good friend, and he is not with his wife." And Barrino admits she is too busy getting her life back on track after a number of financial and health problems to worry about dating. She adds, "Right now I'm committed to my career. I'm not trying to be in a deep relationship. As hard as I have fought to come back, nothing can stop me."
The singer was forced to take time out of her schedule in 2007 to undergo surgery and remove a hemorrhagic polyp growth on her vocal chords. Barrino then faced financial ruin and almost lost her home in North Carolina in December, 2008 before reaching a deal with local authorities, saving her house from being auctioned off.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered