Fantasia Barrino Clearing Up Rumors She's Dating Married Man
R&B singer Fantasia Barrino has brushed off reports she's dating a married man, insisting she is happy living life as a single girl. The former "American Idol" star, 25, was rumored to be involved with a man named Antwaun Cook, but she is adamant their relationship is strictly platonic.
She tells People magazine, "He's a good friend, and he is not with his wife." And Barrino admits she is too busy getting her life back on track after a number of financial and health problems to worry about dating. She adds, "Right now I'm committed to my career. I'm not trying to be in a deep relationship. As hard as I have fought to come back, nothing can stop me."
The singer was forced to take time out of her schedule in 2007 to undergo surgery and remove a hemorrhagic polyp growth on her vocal chords. Barrino then faced financial ruin and almost lost her home in North Carolina in December, 2008 before reaching a deal with local authorities, saving her house from being auctioned off.
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series
- Kevin Hart Eyed to Play Santa Clause in Disney's 'Dashing Through the Snow'
- Kesha Previews 4 New Songs, Hopes to Release New Album 'Early Next Year'
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video