Lindsay Lohan's Dad Arrested for Breaking Restraining Order
Lindsay Lohan's dad Michael Lohan has been arrested for criminal contempt after allegedly violating a restraining order his ex-girlfriend filed against him. Lohan has reportedly been trying to contact Erin Muller, and allegedly called her work phone last Thursday, January 21 - a direct violation of the ban his former fiancee has against him.
Lohan was taken in by Nassau County Police in New York on Thursday, January 28. Joan Eames, Public Information officer at Nassau County Police Department, confirmed Lohan's arrest, telling RadarOnline.com he was detained for "criminal contempt of his Order of Protection".
Lohan has denied the charges against him, accusing Muller of lying about the phone call. He tells the website, "Erin lied and pressed charges. She is being arrested again in NY City and Nassau County 2nd Precinct. Erin said I called her but she lied because she heard I was in Costa Rica instead. I have proof and she doesn't. Her lawyer asked for money to drop the charges. How is it that I have proof and she doesn't?"
He is due in court over the matter on February 25. Lohan was previously accused of breaking the terms of his restraining order by contacting Muller in November 2009. Meanwhile, Lohan accused Muller of kicking him in the head during a heated argument later that month, but the case was dismissed in early January.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences