Colbie Caillat Invites Father for a Grammy Date
Singer Colbie Caillat reduced her producer father Ken Caillat to tears when she asked him to attend Sunday's Grammy Awards, on January 31, as her date. Ken is no stranger to the music industry, having produced Fleetwood Mac's 1977 album "Rumours", but he was so flattered when his pop star daughter invited him to the prestigious event, he struggled to contain his emotions.
She tells People magazine, "He's really excited about it. He's been involved with this record and my music career the entire time, so I just knew it would mean a lot to him. He got all teary-eyed when I asked him to be my date. It was so cute!"
But Caillat, who is nominated for four Grammys including Best Pop Vocal Album for Breakthrough, admits she has an ulterior motive - she wants her dad to boost her self esteem if her nerves get the better of her. She adds, "I'm sure (on the night) he'll remind me of how great I am. You know how parents are!"
The 52nd Grammy Awards will take place at Los Angeles' Staples Center.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?