Colbie Caillat Invites Father for a Grammy Date
Singer Colbie Caillat reduced her producer father Ken Caillat to tears when she asked him to attend Sunday's Grammy Awards, on January 31, as her date. Ken is no stranger to the music industry, having produced Fleetwood Mac's 1977 album "Rumours", but he was so flattered when his pop star daughter invited him to the prestigious event, he struggled to contain his emotions.
She tells People magazine, "He's really excited about it. He's been involved with this record and my music career the entire time, so I just knew it would mean a lot to him. He got all teary-eyed when I asked him to be my date. It was so cute!"
But Caillat, who is nominated for four Grammys including Best Pop Vocal Album for Breakthrough, admits she has an ulterior motive - she wants her dad to boost her self esteem if her nerves get the better of her. She adds, "I'm sure (on the night) he'll remind me of how great I am. You know how parents are!"
The 52nd Grammy Awards will take place at Los Angeles' Staples Center.
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off