Colbie Caillat Invites Father for a Grammy Date
Singer Colbie Caillat reduced her producer father Ken Caillat to tears when she asked him to attend Sunday's Grammy Awards, on January 31, as her date. Ken is no stranger to the music industry, having produced Fleetwood Mac's 1977 album "Rumours", but he was so flattered when his pop star daughter invited him to the prestigious event, he struggled to contain his emotions.
She tells People magazine, "He's really excited about it. He's been involved with this record and my music career the entire time, so I just knew it would mean a lot to him. He got all teary-eyed when I asked him to be my date. It was so cute!"
But Caillat, who is nominated for four Grammys including Best Pop Vocal Album for Breakthrough, admits she has an ulterior motive - she wants her dad to boost her self esteem if her nerves get the better of her. She adds, "I'm sure (on the night) he'll remind me of how great I am. You know how parents are!"
The 52nd Grammy Awards will take place at Los Angeles' Staples Center.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle