Colbie Caillat Invites Father for a Grammy Date
Singer Colbie Caillat reduced her producer father Ken Caillat to tears when she asked him to attend Sunday's Grammy Awards, on January 31, as her date. Ken is no stranger to the music industry, having produced Fleetwood Mac's 1977 album "Rumours", but he was so flattered when his pop star daughter invited him to the prestigious event, he struggled to contain his emotions.
She tells People magazine, "He's really excited about it. He's been involved with this record and my music career the entire time, so I just knew it would mean a lot to him. He got all teary-eyed when I asked him to be my date. It was so cute!"
But Caillat, who is nominated for four Grammys including Best Pop Vocal Album for Breakthrough, admits she has an ulterior motive - she wants her dad to boost her self esteem if her nerves get the better of her. She adds, "I'm sure (on the night) he'll remind me of how great I am. You know how parents are!"
The 52nd Grammy Awards will take place at Los Angeles' Staples Center.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie