No Sex for Matthew McConaughey for 40 Days, Girlfriend Insists
Matthew McConaughey is suffering six weeks of enforced chastity - while his girlfriend Camila Alves recovers after the birth of their daughter Vida. Brazilian tradition dictates Alves must give her body 40 days to acclimatise following the January 3 birth - and that means no exercise, and especially no sex.
The TV presenter tells StyleList.com, "Where I come from, we believe in something we call a 40-day break after the baby. You have to let your body do its own thing. You give it time to recover and let everything settle down. In a way, it is nice. There is not so much pressure."
"You kind of respect all the hard work your body has just done and give it a break. For these 40 days you really take it easy. By that I mean no sex, light, healthy food, no trips to the gym. Then, after 40 days, you are good to go."
Three weeks into her recovery, Alves admits she can't wait to get active again - and is counting down the days to February 14, which appropriately coincides with Valentine's Day. Alves adds, "I confess, I am getting a little anxious to workout. I miss it. Not just to get my body back in shape, but for me, for my head!"
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser