No Sex for Matthew McConaughey for 40 Days, Girlfriend Insists
Matthew McConaughey is suffering six weeks of enforced chastity - while his girlfriend Camila Alves recovers after the birth of their daughter Vida. Brazilian tradition dictates Alves must give her body 40 days to acclimatise following the January 3 birth - and that means no exercise, and especially no sex.
The TV presenter tells StyleList.com, "Where I come from, we believe in something we call a 40-day break after the baby. You have to let your body do its own thing. You give it time to recover and let everything settle down. In a way, it is nice. There is not so much pressure."
"You kind of respect all the hard work your body has just done and give it a break. For these 40 days you really take it easy. By that I mean no sex, light, healthy food, no trips to the gym. Then, after 40 days, you are good to go."
Three weeks into her recovery, Alves admits she can't wait to get active again - and is counting down the days to February 14, which appropriately coincides with Valentine's Day. Alves adds, "I confess, I am getting a little anxious to workout. I miss it. Not just to get my body back in shape, but for me, for my head!"
More Matthew McConaughey News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie