No Sex for Matthew McConaughey for 40 Days, Girlfriend Insists
Matthew McConaughey is suffering six weeks of enforced chastity - while his girlfriend Camila Alves recovers after the birth of their daughter Vida. Brazilian tradition dictates Alves must give her body 40 days to acclimatise following the January 3 birth - and that means no exercise, and especially no sex.
The TV presenter tells StyleList.com, "Where I come from, we believe in something we call a 40-day break after the baby. You have to let your body do its own thing. You give it time to recover and let everything settle down. In a way, it is nice. There is not so much pressure."
"You kind of respect all the hard work your body has just done and give it a break. For these 40 days you really take it easy. By that I mean no sex, light, healthy food, no trips to the gym. Then, after 40 days, you are good to go."
Three weeks into her recovery, Alves admits she can't wait to get active again - and is counting down the days to February 14, which appropriately coincides with Valentine's Day. Alves adds, "I confess, I am getting a little anxious to workout. I miss it. Not just to get my body back in shape, but for me, for my head!"
More Matthew McConaughey News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard