Sanaa Lathan Skips All Critic Reviews of Her Theater Performance
Actress Sanaa Lathan is steering clear of critics' reviews of her performance in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" until her stint on the London stage is over - because she refuses to be distracted by any harsh comments. The "Alien vs. Predator" star made her debut in the British capital's West End in late 2009 in a new production of the Tennessee Williams play, alongside James Earl Jones and Phylicia Rashad.
Lathan has managed to avoid all press coverage of the theater show since it opened in November 2009 and she intends to continue doing so until the curtain falls for the final time on April 10. The actress has thrown herself into her role as Maggie, the sexually-frustrated wife of alcoholic former American football star Brick, played by Adrian Lester, and she is determined not to let anything get in her way.
She tells Hip Hop Weekly magazine, "I learned my lesson a long time ago not to read reviews until the run is over because I don't want to get anything in my head about the performance until it's done. Sometimes in this business you don't get to use all of your chops. This role is the pinnacle of roles for a woman my age. It's scary, challenging... she goes through a lot of emotions. I couldn't say no to it."
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'