Sanaa Lathan Skips All Critic Reviews of Her Theater Performance
Actress Sanaa Lathan is steering clear of critics' reviews of her performance in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" until her stint on the London stage is over - because she refuses to be distracted by any harsh comments. The "Alien vs. Predator" star made her debut in the British capital's West End in late 2009 in a new production of the Tennessee Williams play, alongside James Earl Jones and Phylicia Rashad.
Lathan has managed to avoid all press coverage of the theater show since it opened in November 2009 and she intends to continue doing so until the curtain falls for the final time on April 10. The actress has thrown herself into her role as Maggie, the sexually-frustrated wife of alcoholic former American football star Brick, played by Adrian Lester, and she is determined not to let anything get in her way.
She tells Hip Hop Weekly magazine, "I learned my lesson a long time ago not to read reviews until the run is over because I don't want to get anything in my head about the performance until it's done. Sometimes in this business you don't get to use all of your chops. This role is the pinnacle of roles for a woman my age. It's scary, challenging... she goes through a lot of emotions. I couldn't say no to it."
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration