Metallica's Fans Arrested During Gig for Clashing With Police
More than 120 rock fans were arrested in Santiago, Chile after Metallica's Tuesday night, January 26 concert in the city. Fans without tickets clashed with police outside the Club Hipico. A local police spokesman has confirmed that water cannons were used to disperse the angry crowd. One police officer was injured in the fracas.
More than 50,000 fans packed into the Club Hipico racecourse for the Metallica show. It has been a rough week for the touring heavy rock superstars - the skeletal remains of a young lady found on a farm were confirmed to be those of missing fan Morgan Harrington, who disappeared during a Metallica concert in Virginia in October 2009.
Their angry fans aside, Metallica are nominated at the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards. On their nods, the band commented, "Tonight the fine folks as the Recording Academy announced that they have nominated us for a Grammy this year for the track 'The Unforgiven III' from 'Death Magnetic' in the category of Best Hard Rock Performance. It is an honor to be included with our fellow nominees Alice in Chains, AC/DC, Linkin Park, and Nickelback."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3