Peter Facinellli and Other 'Twilight' Stars Challenging New Orleans Saints for Haiti
The baseball-loving stars of "Twilight" have challenged members of the 2010 Super Bowl-bound New Orleans Saints to a sporting showdown to raise cash for the Haiti earthquake relief efforts. Actor Peter Facinelli, who plays vampire patriarch Carlisle Cullen in the film franchise, will lead a team of co-stars and crew against American footballers on the Saints roster in the 20 March 2010 baseball battle.
Twilight stars Chaske Spencer, Alex Meraz and Tyson Houseman will also take part in the challenge, which will take place in New Orleans, Louisiana. Proceeds from ticket sales will benefit the American Red Cross and Hope for Haiti Now.
The Blood Center will host a blood drive during the event. Facinelli admits he has become a big baseball fan after learning how to play the game for the first "Twilight" film.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics