Peter Facinellli and Other 'Twilight' Stars Challenging New Orleans Saints for Haiti
The baseball-loving stars of "Twilight" have challenged members of the 2010 Super Bowl-bound New Orleans Saints to a sporting showdown to raise cash for the Haiti earthquake relief efforts. Actor Peter Facinelli, who plays vampire patriarch Carlisle Cullen in the film franchise, will lead a team of co-stars and crew against American footballers on the Saints roster in the 20 March 2010 baseball battle.
Twilight stars Chaske Spencer, Alex Meraz and Tyson Houseman will also take part in the challenge, which will take place in New Orleans, Louisiana. Proceeds from ticket sales will benefit the American Red Cross and Hope for Haiti Now.
The Blood Center will host a blood drive during the event. Facinelli admits he has become a big baseball fan after learning how to play the game for the first "Twilight" film.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy