Peter Facinellli and Other 'Twilight' Stars Challenging New Orleans Saints for Haiti
The baseball-loving stars of "Twilight" have challenged members of the 2010 Super Bowl-bound New Orleans Saints to a sporting showdown to raise cash for the Haiti earthquake relief efforts. Actor Peter Facinelli, who plays vampire patriarch Carlisle Cullen in the film franchise, will lead a team of co-stars and crew against American footballers on the Saints roster in the 20 March 2010 baseball battle.
Twilight stars Chaske Spencer, Alex Meraz and Tyson Houseman will also take part in the challenge, which will take place in New Orleans, Louisiana. Proceeds from ticket sales will benefit the American Red Cross and Hope for Haiti Now.
The Blood Center will host a blood drive during the event. Facinelli admits he has become a big baseball fan after learning how to play the game for the first "Twilight" film.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'