Peter Facinellli and Other 'Twilight' Stars Challenging New Orleans Saints for Haiti
The baseball-loving stars of "Twilight" have challenged members of the 2010 Super Bowl-bound New Orleans Saints to a sporting showdown to raise cash for the Haiti earthquake relief efforts. Actor Peter Facinelli, who plays vampire patriarch Carlisle Cullen in the film franchise, will lead a team of co-stars and crew against American footballers on the Saints roster in the 20 March 2010 baseball battle.
Twilight stars Chaske Spencer, Alex Meraz and Tyson Houseman will also take part in the challenge, which will take place in New Orleans, Louisiana. Proceeds from ticket sales will benefit the American Red Cross and Hope for Haiti Now.
The Blood Center will host a blood drive during the event. Facinelli admits he has become a big baseball fan after learning how to play the game for the first "Twilight" film.
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why