Faith Hill and Tim McGraw Honored for Their Philantrophic Work
Faith Hill and Tim McGraw were honored for their tireless work for cancer charities at a star-studded event in Los Angeles on Wednesday, January 27, night. Taylor Swift, Reese Witherspoon and cancer survivor Christina Applegate turned out to watch the country music couple receive the Courage Award at the annual fundraiser for the Entertainment Industry Foundation's Women's Cancer Research Fund (WCRF).
McGraw's father Tug passed away in 2004 after he was diagnosed with a brain tumor, shortly after the Tug McGraw Foundation was established to help the quality of life for cancer sufferers. And Hill, who is a longterm supporter of the WCRF, is full of admiration for her late father-in-law's determination to help others.
She says, "Cancer took the life of my father-in-law. He was a brave man during his fight towards the end. His wish was to create an organization that provided a better way of life for cancer patients and money towards research."
McGraw adds, "I grew up with my mom and two sisters and now I have a house full of women, my wife and my three daughters, so anything that advances the research for cancer and advances the chances of finding cures, I'm all for."
Swift performed at the lavish ceremony - and admits she felt compelled to take part in the charity fundraiser because of her personal experiences of the disease. She adds, "Being a part of this cause means a lot to me because my family's been touched by cancer several times. To be here raising awareness for early detection is very important and I've heard they're going to be raising close to $2 million tonight - it's inspiring."
More Faith Hill News
- This Is Your First Look at Gillian Anderson on 'American Gods'
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer
- Chrissy Teigen Runs Outside Half Naked With Baby Luna During Hotel Fire Drill
- How Taylor Swift's New Romance With Tom Hiddleston Will Influence Her Music?
- Harry Styles Signs a Whopping $80 Million Record Deal
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money