Faith Hill and Tim McGraw Honored for Their Philantrophic Work
Faith Hill and Tim McGraw were honored for their tireless work for cancer charities at a star-studded event in Los Angeles on Wednesday, January 27, night. Taylor Swift, Reese Witherspoon and cancer survivor Christina Applegate turned out to watch the country music couple receive the Courage Award at the annual fundraiser for the Entertainment Industry Foundation's Women's Cancer Research Fund (WCRF).
McGraw's father Tug passed away in 2004 after he was diagnosed with a brain tumor, shortly after the Tug McGraw Foundation was established to help the quality of life for cancer sufferers. And Hill, who is a longterm supporter of the WCRF, is full of admiration for her late father-in-law's determination to help others.
She says, "Cancer took the life of my father-in-law. He was a brave man during his fight towards the end. His wish was to create an organization that provided a better way of life for cancer patients and money towards research."
McGraw adds, "I grew up with my mom and two sisters and now I have a house full of women, my wife and my three daughters, so anything that advances the research for cancer and advances the chances of finding cures, I'm all for."
Swift performed at the lavish ceremony - and admits she felt compelled to take part in the charity fundraiser because of her personal experiences of the disease. She adds, "Being a part of this cause means a lot to me because my family's been touched by cancer several times. To be here raising awareness for early detection is very important and I've heard they're going to be raising close to $2 million tonight - it's inspiring."
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce