Faith Hill and Tim McGraw Honored for Their Philantrophic Work
Faith Hill and Tim McGraw were honored for their tireless work for cancer charities at a star-studded event in Los Angeles on Wednesday, January 27, night. Taylor Swift, Reese Witherspoon and cancer survivor Christina Applegate turned out to watch the country music couple receive the Courage Award at the annual fundraiser for the Entertainment Industry Foundation's Women's Cancer Research Fund (WCRF).
McGraw's father Tug passed away in 2004 after he was diagnosed with a brain tumor, shortly after the Tug McGraw Foundation was established to help the quality of life for cancer sufferers. And Hill, who is a longterm supporter of the WCRF, is full of admiration for her late father-in-law's determination to help others.
She says, "Cancer took the life of my father-in-law. He was a brave man during his fight towards the end. His wish was to create an organization that provided a better way of life for cancer patients and money towards research."
McGraw adds, "I grew up with my mom and two sisters and now I have a house full of women, my wife and my three daughters, so anything that advances the research for cancer and advances the chances of finding cures, I'm all for."
Swift performed at the lavish ceremony - and admits she felt compelled to take part in the charity fundraiser because of her personal experiences of the disease. She adds, "Being a part of this cause means a lot to me because my family's been touched by cancer several times. To be here raising awareness for early detection is very important and I've heard they're going to be raising close to $2 million tonight - it's inspiring."
More Faith Hill News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story