Faith Hill and Tim McGraw Honored for Their Philantrophic Work
Faith Hill and Tim McGraw were honored for their tireless work for cancer charities at a star-studded event in Los Angeles on Wednesday, January 27, night. Taylor Swift, Reese Witherspoon and cancer survivor Christina Applegate turned out to watch the country music couple receive the Courage Award at the annual fundraiser for the Entertainment Industry Foundation's Women's Cancer Research Fund (WCRF).
McGraw's father Tug passed away in 2004 after he was diagnosed with a brain tumor, shortly after the Tug McGraw Foundation was established to help the quality of life for cancer sufferers. And Hill, who is a longterm supporter of the WCRF, is full of admiration for her late father-in-law's determination to help others.
She says, "Cancer took the life of my father-in-law. He was a brave man during his fight towards the end. His wish was to create an organization that provided a better way of life for cancer patients and money towards research."
McGraw adds, "I grew up with my mom and two sisters and now I have a house full of women, my wife and my three daughters, so anything that advances the research for cancer and advances the chances of finding cures, I'm all for."
Swift performed at the lavish ceremony - and admits she felt compelled to take part in the charity fundraiser because of her personal experiences of the disease. She adds, "Being a part of this cause means a lot to me because my family's been touched by cancer several times. To be here raising awareness for early detection is very important and I've heard they're going to be raising close to $2 million tonight - it's inspiring."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal