Pete Doherty 'Shocked' Over Filmmaker Pal's Mysterious Death
British rocker Pete Doherty is "shocked and saddened" over the mystery death of his film-maker pal Robyn Whitehead, according to a representative for the star. Whitehead, a member of the Goldsmith dynasty, was discovered at an east London apartment on Sunday night, January 24 by musician Peter Wolfe, who lives at the property.
Initial reports suggested the 27 year old had died from a suspected drug overdose - but police announced on Thursday, January 28 that a post mortem was inconclusive and officials are awaiting the results of toxicology tests before they can determine the cause of death. Whitehead had recently completed a documentary about Doherty's former band The Libertines - and the rocker has extended his sympathies to her family.
A spokesman for the star says, "Peter Doherty was shocked and saddened to hear of the tragic death of Robyn Whitehead. Peter wishes to convey his condolences to Robyn's family and her close friends at this very difficult time."
Telling of the moment he found Whitehead's body, Wolfe says, "I tried to wake her up. She looked very peaceful and that's when I called the ambulance. I loved her. We'd been working on a project and stayed up all night. Robyn was beautiful. I'm devastated and Pete is absolutely devastated."
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future