Ian McKellen Collects Money for Haitian After Playing in West End
Ian McKellen took time out from his West End show earlier this week to collect money for Haiti. The "X-Men" actor is currently starring in "Waiting For Godot in London", and rounded up his co-star Ronald Pickup to venture out into the audience after a recent performance to collect donations.
Stunned fans happily gave cash to the pair, who were still clad in their costumes. The money will go towards providing aid for the earthquake-ravaged country.
Beside showing his care to Haitian earthquake victims, Ian McKellen also backs gay athletes who fear to be honest about their sexuality since they are too afraid to get a negative backlash from fans. During an interview with British radio station BBC Radio 5 Live, the actor slammed sport world, saying "When it comes to the business of simply being honest about who they are, Some of them (sports stars) become little shrinking violets because they're afraid."
He added, "Probably, of being booed from the terraces, and that must be a horrible experience and shame on people who do it."
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor