Ian McKellen Collects Money for Haitian After Playing in West End
Ian McKellen took time out from his West End show earlier this week to collect money for Haiti. The "X-Men" actor is currently starring in "Waiting For Godot in London", and rounded up his co-star Ronald Pickup to venture out into the audience after a recent performance to collect donations.
Stunned fans happily gave cash to the pair, who were still clad in their costumes. The money will go towards providing aid for the earthquake-ravaged country.
Beside showing his care to Haitian earthquake victims, Ian McKellen also backs gay athletes who fear to be honest about their sexuality since they are too afraid to get a negative backlash from fans. During an interview with British radio station BBC Radio 5 Live, the actor slammed sport world, saying "When it comes to the business of simply being honest about who they are, Some of them (sports stars) become little shrinking violets because they're afraid."
He added, "Probably, of being booed from the terraces, and that must be a horrible experience and shame on people who do it."
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake