Ian McKellen Collects Money for Haitian After Playing in West End
Ian McKellen took time out from his West End show earlier this week to collect money for Haiti. The "X-Men" actor is currently starring in "Waiting For Godot in London", and rounded up his co-star Ronald Pickup to venture out into the audience after a recent performance to collect donations.
Stunned fans happily gave cash to the pair, who were still clad in their costumes. The money will go towards providing aid for the earthquake-ravaged country.
Beside showing his care to Haitian earthquake victims, Ian McKellen also backs gay athletes who fear to be honest about their sexuality since they are too afraid to get a negative backlash from fans. During an interview with British radio station BBC Radio 5 Live, the actor slammed sport world, saying "When it comes to the business of simply being honest about who they are, Some of them (sports stars) become little shrinking violets because they're afraid."
He added, "Probably, of being booed from the terraces, and that must be a horrible experience and shame on people who do it."
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video