Ian McKellen Collects Money for Haitian After Playing in West End
Ian McKellen took time out from his West End show earlier this week to collect money for Haiti. The "X-Men" actor is currently starring in "Waiting For Godot in London", and rounded up his co-star Ronald Pickup to venture out into the audience after a recent performance to collect donations.
Stunned fans happily gave cash to the pair, who were still clad in their costumes. The money will go towards providing aid for the earthquake-ravaged country.
Beside showing his care to Haitian earthquake victims, Ian McKellen also backs gay athletes who fear to be honest about their sexuality since they are too afraid to get a negative backlash from fans. During an interview with British radio station BBC Radio 5 Live, the actor slammed sport world, saying "When it comes to the business of simply being honest about who they are, Some of them (sports stars) become little shrinking violets because they're afraid."
He added, "Probably, of being booed from the terraces, and that must be a horrible experience and shame on people who do it."
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young