Ian McKellen Collects Money for Haitian After Playing in West End
Ian McKellen took time out from his West End show earlier this week to collect money for Haiti. The "X-Men" actor is currently starring in "Waiting For Godot in London", and rounded up his co-star Ronald Pickup to venture out into the audience after a recent performance to collect donations.
Stunned fans happily gave cash to the pair, who were still clad in their costumes. The money will go towards providing aid for the earthquake-ravaged country.
Beside showing his care to Haitian earthquake victims, Ian McKellen also backs gay athletes who fear to be honest about their sexuality since they are too afraid to get a negative backlash from fans. During an interview with British radio station BBC Radio 5 Live, the actor slammed sport world, saying "When it comes to the business of simply being honest about who they are, Some of them (sports stars) become little shrinking violets because they're afraid."
He added, "Probably, of being booed from the terraces, and that must be a horrible experience and shame on people who do it."
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift