Brittany Murphy's Widower Denying His Financial Dependence on the Actress
Brittany Murphy's widower Simon Monjack has slammed speculation he relied on the star for money, insisting he supported the actress financially. Rumors about the couple's relationship have been rife since the "Clueless" star, who married him in 2007, died at their Hollywood home last month after suffering a cardiac arrest.
But Monjack is adamant the speculation is unfair - as it was he who paid for their sprawling mansion and supported them financially. He tells the Daily Beast, "I spent over a million on her engagement rings. And probably $3 million on clothes. When Brittany died, she had 60 pieces of unworn Louis Vuitton. The dog had Louis Vuitton. This was all me. We kept our money separate. When I took Brittany out shopping, I paid for everything."
Monjack even alleges he helped the star when she was struggling to make ends meet, adding "Brittany's films had grossed $100 million before she met me. But her career had ended before then. She had gone through four or five agents by the time we met and she had made a lot of indies that went straight to video."
He continues, "She hadn't earned millions in years, and when we met she was struggling financially, from a series of bad investments. She trusted some people who she shouldn't have. There are people in Hollywood living off of young successful boys and girls and getting them to invest in things they shouldn't."
- Selena Gomez Has Lunch Date With The Weeknd After Celebrating Birthday Without Him
- Newlyweds Kate Mara and Jamie Bell Flaunt Wedding Rings in Cute Pic
- 'Game of Thrones' 7.03 Preview: Jon Snow Meets Daenerys
- Jay-Z Spends Second Week Atop Billboard 200 With '4:44', French Montana Debuts at No. 3
- Box Office: 'Dunkirk' and 'Girls Trip' Exceed Expectations, 'Valerian' Bombs
- Kylie Jenner's Snapchat Is Hacked, Culprit Threatens to Expose Nude Photos of 'KUWTK' Star
- Frank Ocean Brings Out Brad Pitt During Captivating Performance at FYF Festival
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park