Britney Spears and Kevin Federline Free to Take $50,000
Britney Spears has another asset to settle with ex-husband Kevin Federline - U.S. tax officials owe the couple more than $50,000. Records in the Louisiana State Department of Revenue indicate Spears and Federline are free to claim the sum at any time.
According to TMZ.com, the money comes from an interest fund stemming from an old income tax file or a jointly-owned Louisiana property the couple sold. The singer, who has two sons with the former back-up dancer, will have to agree with Federline how the money will be shared once they have claimed it.
Britney Spears and Kevin Federline were married from 2004 to 2007. Federline recently said that depression caused by the separation led him to overeating. "A number of things between, I mean, everybody knows what happened with me and Brit," he said. "I'm not going to say that's the total cause of it but, I mean, just not being happy with myself was probably the main part of my depression."
More Britney Spears News
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'Shameless' Season 8 Renewal Is Put on Hold as Emmy Rossum Asks for Pay Parity